Backpack tent

I am looking into getting a new backpacking tent with a stove. Mostly September elk hunts but a couple rifle hunts planned in October so I’d like the option of a stove. This will be for two-4 people no cots. I don’t mind the extra weight for extra room. I’ve read a lot of good things about the seek outside tents, any other recommendations?

Gettincloser

Lil-Rokslider
I am also interested. I have been looking at the Redcliff for extra room and because it would do double duty as our family is growing! (Before our little one, I was looking at the cimmeron.)

The LBO (base and vestibule) is too small for anything more than 2 and gear.

I have heard a mixed bag of opinions on the Lux tents. (Must be a love/hate thing) but i have zero experience with them.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I am also interested. I have been looking at the Redcliff for extra room and because it would do double duty as our family is growing! (Before our little one, I was looking at the cimmeron.)

The LBO (base and vestibule) is too small for anything more than 2 and gear.

I have heard a mixed bag of opinions on the Lux tents. (Must be a love/hate thing) but i have zero experience with them.
You can tailor the LBO to fit a wide array of people. From open front base only, to base and vestibule, to double base, base tarp vestibule, or base tarp base. It's not just a base vestibule setup. That's where it shines compared to some other options. Luxe gear has basically zero customer service. Also, if you receive a shelter and open it, you can't return it to them. Way better options on the market than them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

NorthernHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I love my cimarron and stove. It works for 2 people and gear. Redcliffe sounds like a better choice for you. Holds up well in snow and heats well once you figure the stove out.

BassAssassin04

Lil-Rokslider
Used my Redcliff for the 1st time in Colorado this year. Was very impressed with it. Had 4 guys and the stove and it was a great size. Did take some consideration on where to set it up as it has a large footprint.

scarte81

FNG
Looks like the SO Cimarron is the go to for most, but it’s pulling a pretty penny. Are there any options out there that are in the $300 range?

Richieber

FNG
I'm also on the Seek outside bandwagon. I have a cimarron with stove but if I had did it over I would have gone redcliff

Last edited:

Blaw

WKR
Looks like the SO Cimarron is the go to for most, but it’s pulling a pretty penny. Are there any options out there that are in the $300 range?

Black Orca Smokey HUT Chimney Tent​

wait for the flaming! but if you want a budget tipi it is an option. I have one, haven't used it but a friend did on a sheep hunt. said condensation was bad but he has never used a single wall tent, and not sure if did things right on his part

gfreidy

WKR
You can watch for "Factory second" sales from SO. They just had one this past Friday. I picked up a Cimarron in November as a Factory Second and I cannot find any flaw whatsoever, but I do appreciate the 15% discount.

I also have the DST and the Silvertip. I love the Cimarron, but man it has a large footprint. As I am usually hunting highcountry ridgelines, I often struggle finding space to even fit the smaller Silvertip.

I am sure the Redcliff is nice, and I would like one in the future, but I think it is best for me as a "base camp" shelter, rather than an "on the go" shelter.