Backpack washing/cleaning?

Hac

FNG
I helped out a buddies son pack out his first elk harvest. I normally line my pack with trash bags but on thus trip I forgot to pack them I have that getting old syndrome. I normally just rinse off or use a rag to wipe off the blood but I got some good stains on this one. Can anyone please share a method they use. Thanks in advance

OP
Hac

Hac

FNG
@MuleyFever
You ever have any buckles or plastic break in the washer, that was my concern?

I fill my big cooler, though the bathtub or a tote could work too with ice water and one of those scent free laundry soap pods and slosh it all around for awhile and close the lid and let it soak for an hour or more then rinse it all off. I found that diluting the soap in glass of warm water before adding to the ice water works best. I’ve had good results with this method, no blood stains or smells and it’s easy on the pack, last time I just left the frame and everything attached since it was getting pretty salty anyway and hung it up to dry.

Peroxide will bust up (hemolyze) the blood, then throw in a front load washing machine with a scent free sports detergent with all the buckles and loose straps removed. Been working for me for 10+ years now.

OP
Hac

Hac

FNG
Thanks all for the great recommendations 👍🏽

I spray mine down with the garden hose. The nozzle is pretty high pressure. Then i fill with cold soapy water over night. Empty in the morning, rinse and drip dry on a clothes line (550 para cord) in the shade

gator33

FNG
I use either a little dawn dish soap or baking soda in warm water in the bath tub.

Mt Al

WKR
Hand wash/soak right in the cooler that brought the meat home. Two birds one stone.
Learn something new everyday! Will be doing this from now on.

Only change from what others have listed is I try to take out all the foam in the body panel if I can and wash/dry that separately. I also use a plastic-bristled brush and scrub the bloody areas, and dry it inside out, then outside out.

elk_hntr

FNG
I spray mine down with a pressure washer then put dawn dish soap on all the stains and scrub the pack to get some good dude going. Then I spray it until I get all the soap out and hang it to dry. It’s worked great so far!

i wash on hot water in cold
20 Wait What Memes For When You Ran Out of Words to Say - SayingImages.com

I either wash it in the meat cooler or in the tub with a little detergent or dish soap. Let it soak overnight and give it a scrub, rinse and give it a hang dry.