Backpack?

Thess87

WKR
I whitetail Hunt private land So I don’t hang and hunt. I have an old fieldline backpack. I’m looking for a backpack to haul all my stuff including most of my clothes cause I sweat easy. I don’t need a kifaru or anything like that just looking for one big enough to haul fanatic bibs and coat and all accessories. Been using my fulcrum but I don’t want all the buckles that clank and hang around while in the stand. Suggestions?

Get some compression stuff sacks and see how small you can get your clothes. You may not need a new bag if you can compress them enough.

peterk123

WKR
I use one of the badlands packs. My walks in to the stand are long enough for me to build quite a sweat, but I'm a skinny dude so I needs lots of clothes once I am in the tree. I start off walking in cold, usually just a base layer and maybe one other shirt. Everything else is just strapped onto to the back of the pack. I use the strapping system that is for the bow on my pack. Handles a down parka and shell no problem. Been doing it this way for years and it works great. So, I think any pack that has a bow strap system could do the job. Compression is not a bad idea but I just would not want to spend the time fiddling around with it once I am to me tree. I climb up, unclip the clothes and slip it on. I hunt out of a saddle, and it is still quite convenient. Pete

OP
Thess87

Thess87

WKR
Thanks. Sacks are a good idea but yeah I don’t really wanna mess with that at the tree I like strapping it to the pack my bow strap on mine just isn’t big enough for everything but the new pack may have bigger strap thanks

Trunscav

FNG
I can’t speak from personal experience of use but it sounds like the Sitka fanatic backpack or the tool box might be something that would fit the bill for your uses. Designed for quietness and organized gear storage

I have a Kifaru Tarryall, which is 3200 cu in, I can barley get the Fanatic jacket and bibs in it. I would go something bigger than 3200 cu in.

Xbow hunter

Lil-Rokslider
A Kifaru frame and a cargo net will let you carry anything you want. I can carry 100 pounds of salt in the spring and summer and 100 pounds of corn in during hunting season. A rolled up pair of coveralls and a sweatshirt and boot blankets cinch down nicely. I use a guide lid for other items. I did order a Stryker this week to see how I like it.

Xbow hunter

Lil-Rokslider
A Kifaru frame and a cargo net will let you carry anything you want. I can carry 100 pounds of salt in the spring and summer and 100 pounds of corn in during hunting season. A rolled up pair of coveralls and a sweatshirt and boot blankets cinch down nicely. I use a guide lid for other items. I did order a Stryker this week to see how I like it.

Codyk315

FNG
I use my Kifaru 357 mag for that exact thing! I can I fit my bibs and boot blankets inside and strap my jacket between a sherman pocket and my pack. Been my favorite system so far.

kda082

WKR
I have a Tenzing 2200 I have used for whitetail and waterfowl. It has good capacity and isn’t too big. Lots of features and well organized. Even comes with a rain cover I’ve never used. You can find them cheap in the classifieds from guys upgrading.

chadwhit

FNG
Kifaru stryker with a camp bag to stuff all my sitka late season gear in. Slims down nicely once the clothes are on and very adaptable for whatever your packing.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

mikear

Lil-Rokslider
I use the Mystery Ranch pop up 28. Can stick all my stuff in the main compartment and heavy layers on the load shelf. If you need to carry a stand or sticks the load shelf works for that, too. If carrying a stand you can lash you clothing to the pack with bungees. Same goes for meat hauling if you were to get into that situation.
2efeea57dc6fd816d647268713d67a3d.jpg

Joshs74

FNG
I’ll second the Kifaru 357 mag. Good space, fits great, and light. Compresses down fairly small, but expands to carry a bunch of gear or meat if you need to.

JGTWI

WKR
Classified Approved
Take a look at the Eberlestock X2. It can haul a fair amount of gear and is a good option if you don’t need anything with a sturdier frame.
For early season, small game, etc... I have an Eberlestock bandit- I absolutely love that little pack.

I use the Mystery Ranch pop up 28. Can stick all my stuff in the main compartment and heavy layers on the load shelf. If you need to carry a stand or sticks the load shelf works for that, too. If carrying a stand you can lash you clothing to the pack with bungees. Same goes for meat hauling if you were to get into that situation.
2efeea57dc6fd816d647268713d67a3d.jpg
This is the exact same setup I run. After lots of trial and error with more expensive packs this setup works perfect for me.