Backpackers pantry recall.

Last week I found out from a friend that backpackers pantry had a chicken recall back in 2019. I looked at my packets and I have 6 that fell in the recall. I emailed the company about it and they told me to throw them away and not to eat them. They offered 20% off future purchases for the inconvenience. I tried to get them to replace the bad items but they wouldn't.

I was curious what you guys think about this situation? Their food is not cheap and 6 dehydrated packs is a decent amount.

Thanks

Last edited:
They should absolutely send you free replacements,pretty shitty.
What if you got sick and got a lawyer and they had to deal with medical bills etc.
I would give them a chance because thats the right thing to do.
Let us know.

jasonhul

Lil-Rokslider
Glad you brought this up. I have a few that I need to look at now. Hard to believe a company would replace or refund. These things are so bad though that I should just throw them anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Hunting_Oregon
They told me that in order to qualify for replacement I had to have bought them directly from their website and have contacted them by December 2019. That is a ridiculously short window for a product that has a 10 year shelf life. Where I bought them from shouldn't be a factor either... it is still their product.

Tell them you will appreciate it and will share there response on as many fourms as possible and move on.

slowelk

WKR
Thanks for posting, I need to check mine. Is it all chicken meals produced in 2019? I am certain I have eaten some meals that they are recalling, and never had any issues. I wonder what it was.

jewood7

FNG
Hunting_Oregon,
I'm unable to reply to your classified post as my account does not allow me to post. (I don't know how but Rokslid has erased all my activity prior to 2019) I'd like to buy your 6.5 PRC rounds if still available. Feel free to message me if interested. Thank you

Jason