backpacking alarm clock

Lucky! I could have all the apps off. Not use the phone. Have it in airplane mode and the phone would still die after one day.

When I go hunting if I want my phone to save battery in have to keep it off. With all the technology out there you would think they could make a iPhone battery last long.

dotman

WKR
I have the 5c and battery life isn't great, my old htc would last twice as long almost when using them in a normal fashion. I do know that Apple puts a smaller battery in their phones compared to the other companies. That said the iPhone seems to operate way better but I don't think I'll use it in the woods for anything other then making a call.

I use a watch. I like to hang the watch above my head in the tent so that I don't have to worry about it being under a pillow or gear.

Always had an internal clock and wake up 5min before the alarm anyways.
If not that, my bladder backs me up. But like others, I wear & use a watch as back-up.
I hunting, so I don't feel the need to update facebook, tweet or take a bunch of selfies.
So I keep my phone off until I need it.
Hunt'nFish

If not that, my bladder backs me up. But like others, I wear & use a watch as back-up.
I hunting, so I don't feel the need to update facebook, tweet or take a bunch of selfies.
Hunt'nFish

You don't take selfies! It's probably because you don't know the proper methods. Here's a video to make you a pro quick.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FarGT40V8tc

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Hunt'nFish

At least your phone can get on facebook, tweet, and take a bunch of selfies :)

Still rocking a samsung slider from 2008 :)

Beastmode

WKR
I dont always bring a gps but when I do I use it. Otherwise I use my suunto core. Sometimes I use my Samsung g3. Great battery life with everything closed. I can get 2 days easily on airplane mode. I have to spare batteries for it so usually im covered.

Lawnboi

WKR
Gps, Garmin Oregon.

Gives you the option to turn the GPS off while the alarm stays on.

I use my gps for an alarm clock more than I use the gps itself.

tenth1

Lil-Rokslider
The only time I wear a watch is hunting. Alarm, water purification timing, knowing what time it is in Alaska summer...