Backpacking axe/hammer

AustinL911

Lil-Rokslider
Gransfors Bruk Wildlife hatchet/Bahco saw combo here. The GB is the sweetest hatchet I've ever seen, but pricey. Wood is no match for it. The mini GB is borderline useless IMO. No weight whatsoever and it's way smaller than it looks online.

Shraggs

WKR
I also like the gerber/fishers good tool in abusive environment vs some if nicer gransfords. I like to grind the ridge off the gerbers and convex the flat edge if splitting tho

I also have the Grunsfors Bruk Wildlife hatchet and would agree it's a fantastic hatchet.
I bought mine from raymears.com and it's a little cheaper because Ray Mears is stamped on the handle instead of Grunsfors Bruk. Some of what they sell comes this way and some come with the GB logo. The heads are all stamped with the GB logo. It explains it on the website.

I've been real pleased with my $10 folding saw from Wal-Mart. Coughlan's Sierra saw. Good for knocking off an odd branch or two for clearing a campsite, and cutting firewood for the stove. That and a rock is a pretty sufficient combination.

Cowboy611

Lil-Rokslider
There are a couple good options out there. Council tools might be the best axe option cheap. GB axes are nice but pricey for what you get. Best Made Co has a really nice Hudson bay axe. Another really good option would be to find an axe restoration guy and have him build/restore one that fits your requirements. Wyoming axe works is a local guy that is reasonable and has exceptional quality. If you are going to be gather wood with your axe id venture towards a hudson bay size. That long handle makes difference when it comes to work. You might just get a could folding saw but beware the saw configution might limit you to small branches. If you want good firewood gathering capability per ounce id look at this article and get a CKRT chogan t-hawk. It has a hammer poll. Cut the wood withe a saw and split it with the hawk.
LARGE Survival Folding Saws for Camp and Bushcraft | Ultimate Survival Tips