Backpacking food

SneekyPee

Lil-Rokslider
GSI insulated fair share mug works awesome for rehydrating meal in, if I’m glassing in the evening I can boil water and pour it in the mug with the meal then screw the cap on and by the time I make it back to camp the meal is ready to eat . also if you eat almonds buy the blue bonnet bags and reuse them to rehydrate your meals in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tlkaetz

WKR
I am still super annoyed that they didn't stock much all year and how they handled preorders. I am glad I didn't place one. Still want to give them a shot.

Otherwise in addition to Mtn House I have tried Paleo Meals to Go, now called Wild Zora those meals are really good and aren't as unhealthy like some of the others. I tried the Beef Stew and Summit Chicken.

Also Heather's Choice packaroons are the bomb!

I completely agree with all that you said. I waited a long time to get my preorder and was very frustrated. They do taste really good though. Spencer said they are going to start having some of the meals available on their website once they are done with show season.

Pghhunter

FNG
These are my top choices....

Peak Refuel Dinners
Off Grid Dinners (recently tried these and they are amazing)
Mountain House Biscuits & Gravy
Mountain House Sweet & Sour Pork
Honey Stinger Waffles (Lemon & Caramel)
Justin's Almond Butter
Wasabi & Soy Almonds
Bobo Bars (Peanut Butter Stuff'd & Apple Pie)
ProBar Meal Bars (Banana Nut Bread)
Off Grid Jerky

This is a solid list. I don’t go out without Biscuits & Gravy.

dla

WKR
Ziplock quart-size freezer bags are the best. Double them up for security, and so that you can add a little boiling water between bags to keep things even hotter. I bought a long-handled titanium spoon years ago from REI - perfect length for eating out of a freezer bag without a mess.

Freezer bag cooking is the best IMHO.

Backyard

WKR
Ziplock quart-size freezer bags are the best. Double them up for security, and so that you can add a little boiling water between bags to keep things even hotter. I bought a long-handled titanium spoon years ago from REI - perfect length for eating out of a freezer bag without a mess.

Freezer bag cooking is the best IMHO.
I agree.
I made a couple of these bag koozies. they weigh next to nothing and pretty cheap to make. Work great also!

Reactions: dla
OP
TravisIN

TravisIN

WKR
bringing this back up. I did a little bit of looking around and on Amazon found the same bags that off grid uses for their oatmeal. I think I paid 11 bucks for 50. They are ziplock stand up and I can heat seal the top with my vac sealer. So I can easily separate food into smaller portions, label with directions, and cook and eat out of them with no issues.

cmahoney

WKR
bringing this back up. I did a little bit of looking around and on Amazon found the same bags that off grid uses for their oatmeal. I think I paid 11 bucks for 50. They are ziplock stand up and I can heat seal the top with my vac sealer. So I can easily separate food into smaller portions, label with directions, and cook and eat out of them with no issues.

Can you post the link?

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member

Sounds about perfect I'm also interested in a link if you find one

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

OP
TravisIN

TravisIN

WKR
Here’s pics of the actual bags.
080fdebf7f0cca71806e42b0b2f2ae89.jpg
0faeca00e4805b3aceb2e7a40c1ba4f4.jpg

cmahoney

WKR
OP
TravisIN

TravisIN

WKR
Thanks man, going to pick some up.

Just tested them out. They hold half of a Mtn house or peak meal perfectly. Just cooked a Mtn house b&g to make sure they’d hold up. To heat and what not. No issues. Just what I needed.