Backpacking newbie. Kinda

Another consideration is some of the trekking pole supported tents(that is, if you use poles). I have a Lightheart Gear Solo that is really roomy(for a one person tent) and weighs somewhere around 26oz.

Of course if you want to go floorless there are lighter options. I also have a Jimmy Tarp that weighs around 18oz... trekking pole supported as well.

As far as the 'ultralight' tents that use regular poles, be wary of the rating on them. Like many have said, one man tents(like the Big Agnes Fly Creek 1) are like a damn coffin. Same with the two really, but the two probably wouldn't be that bad solo. But to be fair, I wouldn't want to spend an entire day(say if you're socked in or its just pouring rain all day) in anything smaller than a Cimarron or TarpTent Stratospire 2.

jmez

WKR
Another TarpTent fan. They have a model for just about any need. Light, tough, and great pricing.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

strand

Lil-Rokslider
Tarptent has something to fit pretty much any style, especially in the 1-2 person size. I have the Scarp 1 and love it for everything from early archery up until freeze up when I start running a floorless shelter with stove.