Backpacking photo contest

Hoyts n Mulies

Lil-Rokslider
I know the contest is done but I enjoy looking through these pictures so hopefully this thread will continue. Here are a few from the past years. More wildlife centered.
_MG_7803.jpg

Grouse strutting her stuff

Skylinecampbuck-1.jpg

Nice 4x4 skylined at dusk

BothBucks.jpg

Doubled on these bucks opening morning archery at about 6.5k' We're drying out our clothes and getting ready to pack them out.

Fawn.jpg

Took this picture from my sleeping bag when this doe and fawn came through our camp at 7k'

goat-portrait-small.jpg

Disclaimer - I took this while hiking in Glacier NP. None the less I really like this shot of the goat in the rain.

Hoyts n Mulies

Lil-Rokslider
At that time I had a Canon 7D and the lenses varied from 70-200F4L IS, 300mm F4L IS and 300mm F2.8L IS. The 300mm F2.8 never went hunting with me due to size, weight and cost. I did regularly pack the 70-200 F4L IS. I wish I had spent more time doing some landscape but that wasn't my focus at that time. Now all I have is a point and shoot Canon G12 :)

I enjoy seeing all the landscape shots everyone takes though. Shanevg has some good stuff and takes a lot of pictures near where I hunt so I like looking at his perspective of the mountains.

Nordic

FNG
Hoyt N Mulies what camera are you using? Those pics are amazing!

On the first 2 and the last photo he used a Canon 7D.
I like the goat in the rain.

I liked a lot of the images in this thread. Nice to see that a lot of you enjoy shooting with a camera as well... :)

mtmiller

WKR
Thanks to Rokslide. Received my package today and I am very thankful. I hope to see more of these pic threads, rewards not necessary.

bbrown

WKR
Thanks to Rokslide. Received my package today and I am very thankful. I hope to see more of these pic threads, rewards not necessary.
Same here - Thanks guys! Although not unnecessary it has forced me to slow down and take better pictures.