Backpacking Pillow

I am looking for recommendations on a good comfortable lightweight backcountry pillow. I am a side sleeper so I need something relatively full. I have an air filled pillow but It slides off my pad all night. What is everyone using?

tdot

WKR
Hyperlight Mountain Gear stuff sac pillow. Doubles as a dry sac during the day. Then I stuff a combo of down and synthetic clothes in it to just the right consistency. Alot warmer then the air pillows.

mlgc20

WKR

Trial153

WKR
I have had a bunch, two have stayed on in the line up and depending of the location/weight constraints...i pick the one that is best. I can live with both and be very comfortable.
Nemo Fillo Elite ultralight and the Therma rest large compressible pillow

stump06

WKR
I have a thermarest foam pillow. Not compact by any means but damn if it aint comfortable. I've also taken a small kuiu boned out meat bag and put my puffy in it and it works very well. Its just as comfortable and saves weight and space.

slim9300

WKR
Hyperlight Mountain Gear stuff sac pillow. Doubles as a dry sac during the day. Then I stuff a combo of down and synthetic clothes in it to just the right consistency. Alot warmer then the air pillows.

Agree with this. I have tried all sorts of air pillows and my HMG large with my down jacket and down pants is perfect. I have struggled for 17 years to sleep in the backcountry and a pillow has always been one of the main reasons. Not anymore.
793e677db72fcc5b7b5fc67de3fd5117.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoTheHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I am looking for recommendations on a good comfortable lightweight backcountry pillow. I am a side sleeper so I need something relatively full. I have an air filled pillow but It slides off my pad all night. What is everyone using?
I use a thermarest pillow that is filled with a soft filling. I love it.

BoTheHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Agree with this. I have tried all sorts of air pillows and my HMG large with my down jacket and down pants is perfect. I have struggled for 17 years to sleep in the backcountry and a pillow has always been one of the main reasons. Not anymore.
793e677db72fcc5b7b5fc67de3fd5117.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What shelter is that?

recurveman

Lil-Rokslider

I used this pillow this weekend with the big agnes bag and the therm-a-rest sleeping pad. I slept so good it was crazy. The big agnes has a place where you can slip the pillow into so that it stays in place and you put your pad "into" the bag. It was great to have my pad, bag and pillow all stay in one place all night long!!!!!!

FYI - I did order about 3 pillows from Amazon and tried them all. It is really tough to pick a pillow without trying them first. I think all 3 pillows ran about $40 total. Go give them a try.