Backpacking Pillow

Made my own. I bought a down queen size pillow, pulled all the down out and used the exterior material to sew two custom sized and custom stuffed down pillows for the girlfriend and I. The compress very small and both stuff into a dry-sack about the size of a 1 liter Nalgene bottle.

aron

WKR
I use a Quixote goose down pillow. I don't care that it is 8 oz. I tried a blow up pillow once and it took all of my patience to not stab the damn thing to death in the middle of the night. I sleep like shit so I will carry in a 2 lb pillow if I need to.

Hall256

WKR
Nemo fillo, bladder with a layer of memory foam over it so it doesn't feel like a blow up, but still rolls up pretty compact.
Agreed, best one I have used and have gotten s few friends to switch to it as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

mrgreen

WKR
Here's my answer from a previous thread-
I have an old neck injury, so I need a pillow. That's the reason I have a Rubbermade tub filled with camping pillows, it's been a lot of 'research'. I found the best solution; an Exped UL L Air Pillow (2 oz.) inside a Goosefeet Gear Down Pillow ( 2.2oz.). Compresses so small I just stuff it in the compression sack with my sleeping bag.

This thread was helpful-
http://www.rokslide.com/forums/gear/56073-couple-pieces-recommendations.html#post579607

mlob1one

WKR
I have not been an "inflatable pillow" guy in the past, but I must say that this pillow from Big Sky International is amazing, & LIGHT!
I have a backup that I take on short trips and it's the Therm-a-rest compressible, but light and small it is not.

Good luck on your search.

Rockchuck

WKR
I have been pleased with the big sky inflatable with cover as well. I run it about half full and find it quite comfortable.

Griz

FNG
The idea of bringing a pillow along is neat but in reality when its "go time" every ounce matters. I just use my pack, rolled up sweatshirt or my rain gear. Maybe Im too much of a baby to add extra weight. If there is no rain in forecast we don't even bring tents along to cut down on weight. After a long day of wearing that pack I have no problem falling asleep.

chasewild

WKR
The idea of bringing a pillow along is neat but in reality when its "go time" every ounce matters. I just use my pack, rolled up sweatshirt or my rain gear. Maybe Im too much of a baby to add extra weight. If there is no rain in forecast we don't even bring tents along to cut down on weight. After a long day of wearing that pack I have no problem falling asleep.

Oh god. What is "neat" are words like "go time" and hero-syndrome.

Best pillow I've used is the NEMO FILO -- several friends have actively tried to steal the thing from me before buying their own.

I agree. This pillow is perfect. Yeah, it's big when compressed compared to other brands and weighs a little more. Do more squats and deadlifts if you're worried about an extra 5 or 6oz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For sure... sometimes i carry two... a small for my legs, and a medium for my head... they are comfy enough i use them at home sometimes too.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'm currently using a Therm-A-Rest foam compressible pillow and it's been good to me. I'm thinking hard about buying and trying an Exped REM pillow. The reviews are superb.

I have a Nemo Fillo which I plan to sell.