Backpacking Quiver

Rook7

FNG
Does anyone have suggestions for carrying extra arrows while backpacking? I’ve currently got a 4 arrow quiver on my bow, and want to keep a few more arrows with me.
-Thanks

7 arrow tightspot.

That's what I used anyways. Depending on your backpack you could carry a few extra arrows in a side pocket, and a few broadheads in a case. But I don't think it's worth the effort.

Leave extras in your vehicle, with a good target. If you fall on your bow hard enough to break your arrows, you should probably take several shots to ensure everything is still on.

If you fall and bend your FMJ's, you should learn to not hunt with them.....

MattB

WKR
You can either unscrew the BH's from a few arrows and put them in a small container (i.e.. film canister) in your pack and rubber band a few arrows together and strap them to the side of your pack, or Easton makes a pretty light weight arrow tube you can strap to your pack.

OP
Rook7

Rook7

FNG
Thanks for the recommendations! You guys got me thinking about some good options

You can either unscrew the BH's from a few arrows and put them in a small container (i.e.. film canister) in your pack and rubber band a few arrows together and strap them to the side of your pack, or Easton makes a pretty light weight arrow tube you can strap to your pack.

Dating yourself there. Who the hell knows what a film canister is anymore.

Better to say use an empty bottle of Adderall or something.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Dating yourself there. Who the hell knows what a film canister is anymore.
Heck, some of my "film canisters" still have film in them. That reminds me, I still have an almost filled roll still on the camera. Time to take a couple more pics and get those developed. (y)

Heck, some of my "film canisters" still have film in them. That reminds me, I still have an almost filled roll still on the camera. Time to take a couple more pics and get those developed. (y)

Where?

I kinda miss film, but sure like the fact that I instantly know my picture sucked.

Marble

WKR
I just find a apot in my pack to put a few arrows with field tips. When I get to camp I pull then out and set them somewhere.

Broadheads have been carried in the case they come in or duct tape folded over with cardboard if needed.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Like Matt, I just rubber band the extra arrows minus broadheads (I use a 5 arrow Tight Spot) together with a couple small but heavy rubber bands. Stick the arrows under a couple of pack straps...my Kifaru has some in just the right places. An arrow tube is extra weight on a backpack hunt and unnecessary for carbon arrows with vanes as they are tough (woodies with feathers...not so much). When you set up camp take the rubber bands off the spare arrows so vanes can relax if slightly bent from the trip. I store arrows in the tent vestibule...or inside the tent sometimes if I am worried about rodents chewing fletch.

As per broadheads, I store them in a prescription pill bottle. They are perfect for the task, or at least for the NAP Spitfires.