Backpacking Stove?

1551128881036.png1551128915897.pngfull size and the nano. Not my pics. Plus, unlike the amazon link, these have no assembly time. They are hinged and there aren't really any pieces to lose.

An alternative that has worked for me in the summer is making an alcohol stove from a spam can and a hole punch. You can look on YouTube there’s a bunch of videos on there. Hard to get any more light weight than that, can boil water in 5 min with good conditions. You can also put one of the little esbit or similar cubes if it’s windy. They are fun to play around with or ultralight backpacking but as guys have mentioned, it’s hard to go away from the convenience and reliability of the standard propane stoves.

NW307

Lil-Rokslider
I've been using my diy woodstove to cook on with no problems. It has a flat cooking surface and will boil 1.5 liters in 5 minutes if the stove is cranking. I generally only use it with my tipi at a backcountry base camp and i'll use my tarp without the stove for any spiking out beyond that. I'll usually have a jetboil if I might be bivouking away from the tipi. I also hunt places where there is usually a pile of beetle kill down fall and gathering a small mountain of wood only takes few minutes. Bottom line a wood stove isnt for every situation but they are awesome if it makes sense to bring it.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Just be aware that sometimes it is so dry out west that any open flame is a no go. You don't wanna be THAT guy lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk