Backpacking trails around Denver?

traildust

Lil-Rokslider
Got drug up to Denver for a couple months due to work. I'll have a day or two off each week. Looking for an area to break in some fairly new boots, test out a new frame pack and some camping gear. Would be nice to be able to shoot my bow as well. Just looking for a moderate area to hike as I'm just getting started again after having a 6 week setback due to a tibialis anterior injury. Getting old sucks!

Thanks for any advice. I'm staying in the Westminster area if that makes a difference.

TommyPiz

FNG
Green Mountain and Table Mountain are both good spots for training hikes close to Westminster. Lots of trails in Morrison, Golden, and Boulder are easy access to you. Every trail in the Front Range gets really crowded on the weekends.

OP
traildust

traildust

Lil-Rokslider
Green Mountain and Table Mountain are both good spots for training hikes close to Westminster. Lots of trails in Morrison, Golden, and Boulder are easy access to you. Every trail in the Front Range gets really crowded on the weekends.
Green Mountain looks good for a first trip!

Upper crater lake is also a great trail. Very gradual for the first 2/3 and the second 1/3 gets a bit steeper. Very pretty lakes and alot of trout. Like said prior weekends are packed

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Upper crater lake is also a great trail. Very gradual for the first 2/3 and the second 1/3 gets a bit steeper. Very pretty lakes and alot of trout. Like said prior weekends are packed

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
I have an old photo of my friend's truck parked at the Tunnel on July 4th 2007. There were only two other vehicles in that entire parking lot that day in the photo. I bet if I went there on July 4th this year there would be over 200 vehicles and they would be lining both sides of the road once the big lot filled up. Sorry for the "life was better in the good ol' days" comment. It is a nice hike. 🤙