Backstop Recoil Pad

I just ordered one to try on a relatively lightweight 300 WSM. I personally like Jim's channel and am a bit of gear nut so why not try something new, support someone who promotes hunting and shooting and seems to be a good family guy while doing it? The recoil pad might just turn out to be great!

goatsie

Lil-Rokslider
I finally got to the range to test these out in my 7PRC and 22 Creedmoor. Overall I think it is a great upgrade to the HNT26. Felt recoil is so difficult to quantify and accurately compare, but I did feel a marked improvement after adding the backstop. I did notice as others have mentioned that the structuring does capture and hold quite a bit of dirt.
I will really start putting it through its paces soon in the back country!
IMG_9299.jpeg
IMG_9293.jpeg

I finally got to the range to test these out in my 7PRC and 22 Creedmoor. Overall I think it is a great upgrade to the HNT26. Felt recoil is so difficult to quantify and accurately compare, but I did feel a marked improvement after adding the backstop. I did notice as others have mentioned that the structuring does capture and hold quite a bit of dirt.
I will really start putting it through its paces soon in the back country!
View attachment 686615
View attachment 686614
How do you like the coup de Grace??

tpicou

Lil-Rokslider
You make a valid point about the data. That bothered me too when I watched the video, but I am a chemist so I realize I’m already prone to nerdom and questioning data. Nonetheless, he’s got my attention. If he comes out with a pad that fits the XLR carbon buttstock, I’ll likely try it for my lightweight 7saum.
Just watched the video. It’s really annoying that he doesn’t use units in his graphs. That being said, people talk about stuff here (like stock design etc) while showing zero actual data (no accelerometers, no pressure sensors, no nothing) so it’s kind of hard to knock him for that?

TaperPin

WKR
How much does a recoil pad actually flex/compress during a shot? With all the high speed cameras capturing all sorts of firearm related stuff, I can’t find a single video or frame grab showing actual compression of any recoil pad by any company.