Backup Bow

How many of you guys take a backup bow on an oos hunt? I’m going to Utah for elk early and I’d like to take my extra stickbow in case…. This summer has been hot so I’m a little concerned. What do you do?

oldgoat

WKR
If you can take it down or at least unstring it, it should be fine in the truck for everything but theft!

oldgoat

WKR
IME,
the modern materials these bows are made from matters. I haven’t had any problem with the name brand ILF stuff keeping some bows strung for years. Thus, I have never needed a backup thoughI usually bring one.

A limb can always fail from hitting something on the shot or delaminating in high heat like leaving it on the dash in your truck.

Yeah, I wouldn't leave on the dash, I made the assumption he was smart enough not to do that

OP
C
Yeah, I wouldn't leave on the dash, I made the assumption he was smart enough not to do that
I was thinking windows cracked in the shade. A guy here in town used to leave in salt lake…every time I talk to him he tells me it’s gonna hot. Which is where the concern came from

Wrench

WKR
I broke a recurve on a hunt once. I will always keep a spare as close as reasonably possible now.

I shoot 2 piece toelke bows with zero extra parts for the extra piece of mind. I am always nervous about losing my bow bolts on my 3 piece bows. I dropped one one time in the field and it took me 30 minutes to find it.

ScottinPA

WKR
I have two TD recurves that are set up the same and shoot the same arrows. One stays broken down and in a cooler (no ice) locked in the truck bed. I carry a broken in string, an arrow nock or two, some FF material, and a judo in my pack when hunting.

SwampGhost

Lil-Rokslider
I always bring a backup out if state! I keep it unstrung and put it in my tent. I also pack a spare string