Backyard Buck

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
So I bought my first house, moved in about 2 weeks ago. I am on the outskirts of town with a large field that comes up to my backyard. I set my game camera up underneath the apple tree, about 30ft from my bedroom window. Along with the elk bugling not far off, I have a little visitor! Needless to say, I think I bought the right house!!

PICT0014.jpg

PICT0010.jpg

PICT0008.jpg

OP
Brock A

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
cool little visitor. Wonder if he's been eating apples from the tree since he was a wee one?

I am guessing so, the house was vacant for a long time. The first time I saw him he just came strolling into the backyard without a care in the world. Then he saw me in the window and bolted. He was probably used to nobody being around.

oh ya! i have some decent bucks that frequent my place but just down the rd at my dads he has 2 different herds that work through, about every 3 days the come through. nothing huge but still awesome to have them around

Shrek

WKR
Cool to have'em in the back yard. A story to relate , I moved into a house in college that backed up to a block of woods. Get up early on the monday after moving in and go to do the three S's and as I sit on the bowl I look out to see a nice 8pt eating in the yard. Half through my business I ease to the other room and grab my rifle. Ease back and cracked the window and busted him. Finished my business , cleaned the deer , showered and still made it to class. Been 25 years but I still get a grin on my face when I think of my backyard buck.

OP
Brock A

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cool to have'em in the back yard. A story to relate , I moved into a house in college that backed up to a block of woods. Get up early on the monday after moving in and go to do the three S's and as I sit on the bowl I look out to see a nice 8pt eating in the yard. Half through my business I ease to the other room and grab my rifle. Ease back and cracked the window and busted him. Finished my business , cleaned the deer , showered and still made it to class. Been 25 years but I still get a grin on my face when I think of my backyard buck.

Haha, thats a great story. Love it.