Bad ass... diaper bag?

adamm88

WKR
Maxpedition versapack series, rock the murse with style, no man card will be revoked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBalash3

Lil-Rokslider
Kifaru guide lid with the chamber pocket for the win!

Wife had some giant trendy diaper bag for a while, I talked her into the lid on a Disney trip to save space & weight...it’s been in use ever since...

Attachments

• 5741CBCB-7219-43D9-841C-BFF2719A16D7.jpeg
    5741CBCB-7219-43D9-841C-BFF2719A16D7.jpeg
    276.7 KB · Views: 78

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member

zm378205

FNG
I recently went through this myself. I didn't like any of the diaper bags that were available. My wife and I settled on a Patagonia Duffel. Not the most "badass" but we figured it was something that our daughter could turn into an overnight bag when she is big enough. Had it for two years now and it works great.

NoWiser

WKR
My wife keeps her "non-manly" bag pretty well stocked so I usually just take that, but if it's not available I throw all the crap I'll need into my Stone Glacier Avail and head out the door. Any old backpack will work just fine, though. The Kifaru Urban Zippy would be great.

Cheap backpack from walmart/target. You just need it to hold stuff, not prove you're manhood.
The kid proves that.

EDIT: I also personally know the guy that started Tactical Baby Gear. He's a really good guy and a hell of a mechanic (built a badass LandRover Defender). But he is definitely a gear bro.

Drenalin

WKR
I carry all my kids' junk in a Camelbak HAWG, then dump it and use it for day gear on whitetail hunts.

I can see this as a great excuse to get yourself a new Kifaru EDC/day pack and some pockets, pullouts or something els organizational. Kifaru gear holds its value and is unlikely to wear out with a baby. Besides, you can send it in for repairs. Plus, they have so many add-ons that you can customize it to fit your needs and you figure them out - reconfigure to your heart’s content. Those would be MY selling points, anyway. Wouldn’t a Grab It on autolocks make a great baby carrier? Lol!

Offer to get it in Ranger green and she can sew on some girlie kiddo stickers for fun....ones you can cut off later for use hunting or when you sell it.

I’m trying to get the last two out of high school so no more diaper bags in my future; but if we were having kids today, that’d be what I’d do.

Congrats and enjoy them - time really speeds up once they’re born! Last piece of advice - introduce your kids to the woods and hunting/fishing as early as possible and it’ll become a way of life for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Cheap backpack from walmart/target. You just need it to hold stuff, not prove you're manhood.
The kid proves that.

EDIT: I also personally know the guy that started Tactical Baby Gear. He's a really good guy and a hell of a mechanic (built a badass LandRover Defender). But he is definitely a gear bro.
My younger brother was in the army and he said they call those kind of guys “gear queers”

Don't listen to these guys... no class, reason, or sensible advice for a young man.

As the oldest of 5, with many cousins and 3 young children of my own (with other kids we've taken in), I have to say that the K3 Exo 4800 is clearly a superior diaper bag that will last you several children. You can readily fit diapers, picnic goods, plenty of snacks and such.

The new waterproof section designed for water bladders or rain gear conveniently works well for when your children (routinely) crap their pants, wiz all over the place, or vomit on you. I have yet to encounter any issues with breast milk leaking into the main compartment. We also used cloth diapers for several children, and, while your Costco membership may help offset those disposables, cloth diapers fit well in the wet compartment and would easily pay for the pack after about 1,580 wet turnds. Plus you are saving the planet my friend.

I've personally load tested the pack for large children of up to 5 years old the multicam coloring blends well with vomit and fecal matter. You are clearly missing a golden opportunity to do what's best for your family.

Since the safety of your newborn and convenience for your wife counts on it, you obviously need to purchase the new K3 pack.

C48A9F4A-7887-44CD-8D32-A8395BBC05CE.jpeg

Last edited:

Luckyrxc

FNG
Our favorite for sure was a backpack designed as a diaper bag. It had a padded pullout to use as a changing pad. Insulated baby bottle pockets. I think it was LL Bean or Eddie Bauer. It became our go to gift to buy for our friends who were expecting.
i don’t know if it is still available. This is a way better solution than the shoulder bags, IMHO.

Forgot to mention, the new K3 packs conveniently work as an excellent hunting pack for high country mule deer. Don't let that sway your decision though.

brsnow

WKR
I put 10 or so folded wipes in a zip lock bag and keep a diaper in back pocket, with reserves in the truck. My youngest is 3 now, so we are diaper free.

AK Shane

Lil-Rokslider
My buddy used an ammo bag that was intended for packing your shotgun shell's to the duck blind. It was the same size as a diaper bag with multiple pockets and a marsh grass pattern.