Bad ass... diaper bag?

ofl0926

WKR
I used a 5.11 MOAB 10. I attached a separate pouch for wipes from tactical baby on it. it was great. also had a spot for my CCW. got lots of compliments from other mom's and dad's. could carry a crap ton of crap in it too. easy organization.

Nate_Beres

Lil-Rokslider
Don't listen to these guys... no class, reason, or sensible advice for a young man.

As the oldest of 5, with many cousins and 3 young children of my own (with other kids we've taken in), I have to say that the K3 Exo 4800 is clearly a superior diaper bag that will last you several children. You can readily fit diapers, picnic goods, plenty of snacks and such.

The new waterproof section designed for water bladders or rain gear conveniently works well for when your children (routinely) crap their pants, wiz all over the place, or vomit on you. I have yet to encounter any issues with breast milk leaking into the main compartment. We also used cloth diapers for several children, and, while your Costco membership may help offset those disposables, cloth diapers fit well in the wet compartment and would easily pay for the pack after about 1,580 wet turnds. Plus you are saving the planet my friend.

I've personally load tested the pack for large children of up to 5 years old the multicam coloring blends well with vomit and fecal matter. You are clearly missing a golden opportunity to do what's best for your family.

Since the safety of your newborn and convenience for your wife counts on it, you obviously need to purchase the new K3 pack.

View attachment 133133
Haha looks like it's an actual diaper, and bag.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I swear to God I had that tactical baby carrier idea years ago. I actually bought one of those Midway USA shooting bags and called it my tactical baby pack. We now have three of those for road trips to Meme's house. They are very handy for little kids.

Agkoh

FNG
My wife and I had the same problem. We went with a normal diaper bag for the "town" and I picked up a camelbak BFM pack on sale (half the normal price). We use the camelbak on pretty much all our outdoor day trips. Good luck and Congrats on the new kid.

OP
Forrpowpowpow
Stone glacier was asking for suggestions for the next product designs . . .
See now we’re talking! 😉

All you guys are great! I appreciate the bag suggestions and the parenting tips! I am so excited to have the opportunity to raise a kiddo and I can’t imagine a better community to bring up a child than the outdoors community.
Now I got some bag research to do!

OP
Forrpowpowpow
Don't listen to these guys... no class, reason, or sensible advice for a young man.

As the oldest of 5, with many cousins and 3 young children of my own (with other kids we've taken in), I have to say that the K3 Exo 4800 is clearly a superior diaper bag that will last you several children. You can readily fit diapers, picnic goods, plenty of snacks and such.

The new waterproof section designed for water bladders or rain gear conveniently works well for when your children (routinely) crap their pants, wiz all over the place, or vomit on you. I have yet to encounter any issues with breast milk leaking into the main compartment. We also used cloth diapers for several children, and, while your Costco membership may help offset those disposables, cloth diapers fit well in the wet compartment and would easily pay for the pack after about 1,580 wet turnds. Plus you are saving the planet my friend.

I've personally load tested the pack for large children of up to 5 years old the multicam coloring blends well with vomit and fecal matter. You are clearly missing a golden opportunity to do what's best for your family.

Since the safety of your newborn and convenience for your wife counts on it, you obviously need to purchase the new K3 pack.

View attachment 133133
Sold! K3 needs to hire this man, ASAP

FYT

Lil-Rokslider
It's way easier to just do it this way fyi

+1

Diaper bags are diaper bags for a reason. Who cares what it looks like- there are plenty that look pretty normal. We got an Eddie Bauer bag that I have no problem wearing and it's well equipped for any...crap...that may go down.

bmf0713

WKR
Mountain Ridge Gear makes some bombproof duffle bags at a good price.

Tacticalbabygear.com

You're welcome.

I had everything picked out the day after my wife told me she's pregnant. March can't get here fast enough. I'm gonna be the tacticoolest dad on the block.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

TreGrizz

FNG
Congrats on the baby! we are expecting our first this January.

I ended up buying a grey colored diaper bag from Eddie Bauer. Its not particularly "manly" but also not girly whatsoever. good compromise for my wife and I.

I used a camo fanny pack with shoulder straps. It held everything I needed for a solid day’s worth of activity. Bottles, diapers, clothes, wipes, hand sanitizer, snacks, towels and various other items. I got tons of comments from other dads and moms about it.

Exo selling all their K2 on discount starting Monday! Would make a great diaper bag and I would recommend going with the 5500 to prepare for growth in your family.

TreGrizz

FNG
Tacticalbabygear.com

You're welcome.

I had everything picked out the day after my wife told me she's pregnant. March can't get here fast enough. I'm gonna be the tacticoolest dad on the block.

After browsing, i think this is the correct answer LOL.

After browsing, i think this is the correct answer LOL.
I happened across one of those "weirdly timed" Facebook ads when my wife and I were discussing having kids. She laughed at me when I showed her. She'll be greatful for the blow out kits I'm gonna leave all over the place.

Squirrels

WKR
Diaper bag choices are about to be the least of your worries.......
Just carry what the wife tells you to.....this is not a battle to pick unless she doesn't care what you/she carries

svillalobos

Lil-Rokslider
Exo selling all their K2 on discount starting Monday! Would make a great diaper bag and I would recommend going with the 5500 to prepare for growth in your family.
I got that email about the K2 going on sale for $399 as well, but there website has said sold out of everything K2 for awhile now?

OP
Forrpowpowpow
Don't hurt to call 'em, you never know!
digging up an old thread... but I ended up using my wife’s diaper bag... and I bought an Exo Mtn 4800 hunting pack, not helpful with the baby but man do I love hunting with that pack 😂

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Edit: Should have looked at the OP date before posting.

Hey guys,
The wife and I are expecting our first child this spring! With that being said... I don’t want tote around a boring diaper bag, so I’m looking for some suggestions on cool/quality bags or backpacks that I can use as a diaper bag. Maybe I’m screwed and have to resort to something my wife picks out... but I figured y’all would be my best bet to bail me out!
Thanks in advance guys/gals!

We decided to go the minimalist diaper bag route. Two kids in and we are happy we did. The bag we use is a Patagonia Black Hole Mini Messanger bag. You don't really need anything bigger. Carry a small thing of wipes, 1 change of clothes, 2-3 diapers, butt cream if you need to use it, and a bottle if not breast feeding. Things you don't need, but that can be nice to have are a bib and light changing pad. If it is cold add a thin wool blanket (like what Iksplor sells).

You can keep spare diapers in the car if worried about running out.

My advice, skip getting a stroller, they are not needed. If one of you runs, then get a jogger, or get a multisport Burley (what I have). Use a front carrier (or moby wrap) when they are small. Get a kid pack (Osprey's are nice, so are Deuter's) for when they are bigger. If your wife insists on a stroller, try to get just a cheap umbrella stroller.

Now I am straying from what you asked. Basically, get anything you like that is not marketed as a diaper bag. If your wife insists on taking the kitchen sink in the diaper vag, get your own bag and throw what you need in it.

Last edited: