Bad day in Idaho panhandle

KNASH

Lil-Rokslider
OP, Good on you for showing your boys how to deal with conflict. A wise man once told me "just because somebody chooses to be an A hole doesn't mean you have to join him". Re messing with somebody's truck per one response, c'mon. Passive aggressive childish nonsense. Don't wrestle with the pig. Be above it.

the % of the total population that hunts is way down from 40 years ago

Look at the populations today of all the ski towns and other metro areas out West, as well as Alaska.....exponentially more people living in all those places than 40 years ago.

All we can do is ban together as Idahoans and pressure f&g to do the right thing and make all nr tags draw only, with the ever growing population will probably eventually need to cap more hunts for residents as well but cutting NR tags first should get us by for now.

Bring on the hate mail
Pretty sure that the OP has already clarified that he is 99% sure this person was a Resident, so this really isn't a Resident / Non Resident debate, fact remains that there are A-Holes everywhere!

I fished bass tournaments for a long time and I can tell you this, the local bass fisherman are the biggest A-Holes on the lake.

i hope idaho does not change, leave it alone.

In 8 days of hunting in the panhandle, i saw one hunter twice. And a pair of hunters once.
But i did hear about all the congestion at the saddle above where i hunt.

My feeling is, if the average person puts average effort in, they will see alot of people. But if you put lots of effort into getting away from people and going where they will not go, you can hunt undisturbed animals.
just mu 2 cents and i was parked on a main access road. I found the bull i killed on the 15, he was bugling and with cows. I killed him on the 19th with no one around. he was still bugling and with cows.

njdoxie

WKR
Just came across an article about how Bozeman and Montana are exploding in growth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amassi

WKR
All we can do is ban together as Idahoans and pressure f&g to do the right thing and make all nr tags draw only, with the ever growing population will probably eventually need to cap more hunts for residents as well but cutting NR tags first should get us by for now.

Bring on the hate mail
As a non resident I support this
Idaho should manage their herds for quality not opportunity. Most of us interlopers are willing to pay more to offset the cost, so long as residents are as well to make up the revenue loss I see no reason this shouldn't happen.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Gobbler36

WKR
As a non resident I support this
Idaho should manage their herds for quality not opportunity. Most of us interlopers are willing to pay more to offset the cost, so long as residents are as well to make up the revenue loss I see no reason this shouldn't happen.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Thanks honestly this wasn’t a post to slight NR but it’s just the nature of the way things are right now

As a resident I am more than willing to pay 4x my fees if it means less exploitation to NR. Like I said with the way people flock to this once great state the trimming of resident tags are on the horizon as well

Amassi
Idaho has always been an oppurtunity state. no reason to change that, especially if you take the perspective of: some states are oppurtunity, some are quality. Hunt the state that fits what you want, don't try to change a state to what you want, but go to the state, that offers what you want.

I am also the guy that just wants to hunt elk and am not worried about antler size to a point. But i did just shoot a nice bull and would not mind finding a spike now for the dinner table. As a resident i like being able to buy a second non resident tag. Idaho had 435 open up in mid august and i was one of the lucky ones who bought one.

Driving around the gate is annoying as hell. Dudes acting like they own public land. Also annoying as hell. Its too bad a punch in the nose doesn't cure these issues

Oh how i hate the mindset of some hunters. We are all public land owners. I hope your next hunt is better!

sneaky

"DADDY"
I think I said mostly that. I go by what I experience and I am not running into res license plates when I’m at trailheads its OR, CA, and where else in God’s green earth
There's your problem. You're going to trailheads. NR aren't the problem here in ID, residents are

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Huntnnw

WKR
I think I said mostly that. I go by what I experience and I am not running into res license plates when I’m at trailheads its OR, CA, and where else in God’s green earth
somehow its NR everywhere, yet there is 200k plus resident hunters to 40K NR hunters lol