Bad Elk Callers in the Woods

reaperukon

Lil-Rokslider
It’s still a free country. So free that any idiot (including me) can get a rifle and a grunt tube and a license and go out in the woods. OTOH bitching about stuff on the www is a big part of the fun of being alive.

#havevacuumhose—willbugle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KRA-Z

FNG
Man, I heard some real horsesh!t elk callers in the woods this past week.

I mean they were TERRIBLE. [And yes, it was hunters not elk]
They moved the elk out of the area!

I really wanted to go talk to them, but we just went and found the elk again.

Should a person approach another hunter and take their bugle tube away?? lol
Take it away and shove it .... never mind... we all know where I was going with it... I was deer hunting with a friend... and he was killing the calls, and I don’t mean killing it.... more like murderign the things.... I decided to make up for some lost sleep that day, as I knew there was not anything or anyone except maybe a rescue squad looking for an injured or mentally slow deer, coming our way.... I have not hunted with him since... I see more deer that way.....

As far as confronting the bad apple.... I don’t know, many can get really confrontational.....
But being Elk permits are not easy to come by here in Michigan, I would not be happy, or probably letting it just go...

I'm surprised every year by the different sounds elk can make. Bad callers exist, but they gotta start somewhere. Its the joys of hunting public land. I have seen bad callers kill and good ones not. For me its more a frustration believing they are ruining something for me during my hunt, and maybe there is some truth to that. My biggest bull to date was taken 200 yards from "bad" callers on an ATV calling WHILE it was RUNNING!

Here’s the thing guys. All of us are nonresidents in 49 other states. Being from Tennessee I can see how the western guys get sick of us coming out and not knowing shit because when you only get to actually hunt elk for maybe 10 days a year it’s kinda hard to learn anything. Learning is trial and error. Hands on teaches way more than book smarts. IMO. Coming out west on an elk hunt is something we dream about since we were little kids watching real tree monster bulls and the truth. Some guys make it a yearly thing and some make that one bucket list trip.

I bet you come to my house and try to deer hunt, I bet you look like an idiot too. That guy may have thought he sounded like Corey Jacobson. Just remember that everyone has a different perspectives and level of knowledge so be careful being to judge mental. That guy from Tennessee has just as much right to be there as cnelk.

I understand the frustrations of other hunters. I hunt public land in Ohio. If you know you know.

Sorry that kinda struck a nerve.

Oh and I know a guy from Tennessee that bugled a 340” bull in so we don’t all suck apparently

Mic Drop

I’m out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree I know nothing about deer hunting. I have elk hunted my whole life living in Wyoming and Idaho. Never did my homework on deer. I will tell you if I decide I'm going to do something I learn, study and apply everything I can to be successful and I don't quit.

CObywayofUSAF

Lil-Rokslider
I have never been "confronted" and I don't think I'd confront someone. One thing that makes me laugh and happens almost once a year is having a guide call back to me or bring a client towards me on location bugles.

Once they see me they always have some snark remark about "well I figured it was a hunter calling, but I smelled elk" "I thought I could hear the reed, but you never know" "I knew it was another hunter, but the client insisted".

Yeah yeah.....

Man, I heard some real horsesh!t elk callers in the woods this past week.

I mean they were TERRIBLE. [And yes, it was hunters not elk]
They moved the elk out of the area!

I really wanted to go talk to them, but we just went and found the elk again.

Should a person approach another hunter and take their bugle tube away?? lol

What's worst, bad calling or spiking out in critical elk areas like bedding and transition routes? Ha I called in some non residents who couldn't call and couldn't select a good camp spot. Why elk hunting in Montana is about ruined.