Bad time to be have young ones wanting to shoot

TravisIN

WKR
Boy the timing couldn’t get worse for trying to keep the kids into shooting and hunting . Every time they want to shoot I gotta worry about not using too much ammo so that we can go another day. My almost 9 year old keeps wanting to shoot but I have to tell him no sometimes bc I’m waiting on ammo. Craziness. It wasn’t that long ago I could buy .22s and shotgun shells at the gas station haha. Anyways that’s my rant. Hopefully this ends soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
TravisIN

TravisIN

WKR
Shoot a BB gun. Kids don't care.

Haha oh we have and still do. But to him now that he shoots a .22, bub guns are kid stuff. He also likes shooting his 243 and one of my .223s a lot.

Jxferg7

Lil-Rokslider
Picked up my 6 and 9 year olds a bow for Christmas....glad I’ve been teaching them to shoot BB and .22’s for a while so now it helps to ensue a new passion.

Rob5589

WKR
It isn't going to end for a while. If the Dems push for more restrictions, it may even get worse.

Hopefully things return to normal soon. Probably not going to though anytime soon. Hundreds of people line up at sporting goods store on shipment day hoping to buy whatever comes in. They are buying it up even if they don’t need it

OP
TravisIN

TravisIN

WKR
Hopefully things return to normal soon. Probably not going to though anytime soon. Hundreds of people line up at sporting goods store on shipment day hoping to buy whatever comes in. They are buying it up even if they don’t need it

Yea it’s wild. Bows definitely help things out. Also I’ve found that teaching them certain things like starting fires and tracking different critters help a lot too. There’s still plenty to do to keep them into the outdoors. We fish a lot. Haha kids just like to shoot a lot

OP
TravisIN

TravisIN

WKR
It’s really not that bad. I’ve bought several cases at or near pre-covid/election/protest prices recently. I’ve passed on a bunch too. Just have to look is all.

Interesting I’ve found some deals on 20 gauge target loads but that’s about it. Glad you’ve had some luck.

The local store in my town has been getting good shipments of ammo. The retired crowd of old guys are there waiting in line to buy it up. It makes it tough for people that don’t have time to waste like they do.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Boy the timing couldn’t get worse for trying to keep the kids into shooting and hunting . Every time they want to shoot I gotta worry about not using too much ammo so that we can go another day. My almost 9 year old keeps wanting to shoot but I have to tell him no sometimes bc I’m waiting on ammo. Craziness. It wasn’t that long ago I could buy .22s and shotgun shells at the gas station haha. Anyways that’s my rant. Hopefully this ends soon.

I can send you a few hundred 22 rounds for the kids. Just PM me.

You other old guys hoarding it should spread out some love.

rayporter

WKR
ok ok i get that times have change and you gotta shoot a couple hundred rounds every time you have a gun out. but....

when i was in second and third grade i got a quarter a week for allowance and 22 shorts cost 51 cents a box at monkey wards [ Montgomery ward for you youngsters]
51 cents meant begging mom for a penny every two weeks for a box of 50.

all that to say, teach them to be frugal!

Wapiti1

WKR

Robby, you beat me to it.

I've got a brick of .22's for you if you want it. I don't think Crawfordsville is too far from you.

Jeremy

EastMT

WKR

I was a hoarder until I moved through Canada. Now I’m just stocked. I want to return to hoarder level 5!

Wish I had more to share, I gave the nephews bricks of 500 for Christmas, cut me down good, but was worth the smiles. Told them to ration, hahahaha sure!

OP
TravisIN

TravisIN

WKR
Appreciate all the offers. We’re hanging in there for now but may come looking in a couple months if things don’t change. So far I’m able to stay ahead of it. Haha , I Mainly just wanted to complain about the hassle it has become (not to mention expense) and worrying if it will dry up completely. Lucky for the kids I bought several boxes of Turkey loads for their guns bc I’m talking to guys who can’t find any of that either. As long as they don’t miss a lot we shouldn’t need more than a couple of those each year

gbflyer

WKR
Time to teach marksmanship. My 13y/o prefers to blaze away at the countryside (backstop of course) with 20 rd mag dumps with an AR. Now I hand him one round at a time.

OP
TravisIN

TravisIN

WKR
Time to teach marksmanship. My 13y/o prefers to blaze away at the countryside (backstop of course) with 20 rd mag dumps with an AR. Now I hand him one round at a time.

Haha exactly.

Regnar52

FNG
I gave my 8 year old a sling shot to try and keep them entertained once bored with the BB gun. Seems to work for a while.

Adrico

FNG
Ha, im in the same situation.
I have a 13 year old boy and he loves to shoot the AR and the 10/22, but this year he's been bugging me to go do some shooting and I keep turning him down, and I told him that when we do go, we'll have to make every round count.