Badlands 2200

What are your thoughts about this pack in terms of ability to haul loads, durability, etc? I just bought one and like it so far but havent tested with heavy weights yet.

RUTTIN

WKR
I love mine for a day pack, and have hauled out a front quarter, hind quarter, and backstraps from a spike bull in one load and had no problems. I have not had the problems that some of the others have had with zippers breaking either.

I have one that has held up for a couple of elk packouts. No problems with the zippers. It does have a tendency to barrel easily, and the pockets on the waist belt are about useless when the pack is on you. It is a pretty good mid level pack, it wont carry the weight as nicely as some of the higher end packs, but it wont kill you like some of the lower ends packs either.

ut1031

FNG
I second what Ruttin said.......I have used my 2200 to pack out 12 elk in the past 4 years, never had a zipper break! AWESOME packs.......

bbrown

WKR
I wish I had the same nice things to say about the 2200....
Mine did not fare so well - 3 trip out and broke all 3 times. This was during turkey season mind you

bbrown

WKR
First, the top handle/strap ripped as I was picking it up from the bed of my truck. Sent it back to BL and they sent me new pack pretty quickly.
Second, one of the side zipper pockets blew out and again it went back to BL. Again they sent me new pack but when the side zipper blew out again I gave up.
When they replaced it the last time I sold it and moved to an Eberlestock X2 (and now a MR Dragonslayer).

Their customer serivce is very good but to have something break that many times being virtually brand new was unacceptable. Maybe I just got a lemon... or 3.

dryflyguy

Lil-Rokslider
If anybody is interested, I will sell my 2200. I like it just fine, but I have multiple packs and this one doesn't get a lot of use. Comes with a badlands hydration bladder. $125 TYD and I have zero interest in going lower than that. Nothing wrong with the pack.

Manosteel

WKR
Excellent pack for what it is. Not a load hauler by any means but over the years I have had no problem hauling a moose quarter and a little more when I debone the quarter.

2rocky

WKR
As far as a day pack you can haul meat with, hard to beat. I've had mine since 2006 and been happy. It has been back to Badlands this Winter to get some stitching redone, and a wing zipper fixed. Had it back in less than 2 weeks.

There was a batch of bad zippers pulls a couple years ago and they have been working hard to rectify that.

I'm glad I have mine and when it comes time to hunt, I usually will grab my 2200 first.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've carried a boned in quarter with both straps and boned front and rear quarters together with mine. I've had the couple pocket zipper pulls brake and last year broke the scope pocket zipper. Never have had any problems with main zippers. Badlands replaced all secondary zippers when it was in for repaires last year. I traded my X2 for it and for me makes a better daypack