Badlands 50% off sale

My Algus Pants and LS Crew arrived today. The shirt seems fine. The pants were too small. I called before ordering to discuss pant sizing because of mixed reviews and was recommended a medium for my size 34 waist. These are AT BEST a 32” waist but more likely a 30-31” waist. They were also a lot heavier and thicker than I expected from a pant advertised for hot weather. They seem durable as hell and well made, but I’m skeptical that they actually breath as well as claimed.

NDGuy

WKR
I grabbed a Mutton SS shirt and the warm neck gaiter. I will report back. Not many places you can get a $35 merino shirt.

As I’ve been wearing this Algus shirt around the house, it has a somewhat abrasive material. Not bad but not comfortable.

In full disclosure, it might just be me because merino wool irritates my torso as well. I mostly wear Sitka Core Lightweight and Cabelas lightweight shirts.

As I’ve been wearing this Algus shirt around the house, it has a somewhat abrasive material. Not bad but not comfortable.

In full disclosure, it might just be me because merino wool irritates my torso as well. I mostly wear Sitka Core Lightweight and Cabelas lightweight shirts.

Have you washed it or are you wearing it straight from the box? I’m a 36” waist and I wear an XL, but I also have bigger legs than most.

Not going to wash it because then I can’t return it. (I have tried washing merino wool shirts, including with lanolin products, for the record).

There are too many options for the same or less money that are comfortable out of the box to mess with this.

Hoytaholic

Lil-Rokslider
Their catalyst rain gear is unreal that is it waterproof yet so soft. It stays in my pack and I have no concerns at all putting it on in fear of some extra noise.
I own basically all their gear from the Algus line to the Calor line. Went with Sitka fanatic over the Pyre set due to its super quiet features. I have nothing negative to say about any of the sets and would recommend to anyone.
For what it’s worth, my favorite piece is their Wasatch jacket and Venture Jacket. Highly recommend.

Agross

WKR
My Algus Pants and LS Crew arrived today. The shirt seems fine. The pants were too small. I called before ordering to discuss pant sizing because of mixed reviews and was recommended a medium for my size 34 waist. These are AT BEST a 32” waist but more likely a 30-31” waist. They were also a lot heavier and thicker than I expected from a pant advertised for hot weather. They seem durable as hell and well made, but I’m skeptical that they actually breath as well as claimed.

I just received the the two pieces I ordered and I would have to agree they run small. I picked up the ovis bottoms, and the scree pants. I am about a 37 inch waste. According to their sizing chart the xl bottoms are 38-41 inch waste, which is what I chose. NO chance. I would say they are closer to a 35-36 inch waste. Both pieces are going back.

ItemB

Lil-Rokslider
Got my algus pants, fit wise I wear 36x32 pants/jeans and the XL fits good

trazerr

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered the Algus pants in 32" and a medium Algus short sleeved shirt. I am about 5'8.5" and 160-165lb. I am in okay shape. No beer belly and such. The pants fit way better than my Attack pants in 32". Those guys are super tight around the groin. The Algus are perfect. The shirt also fits pretty good. The sleeves could be a hair wider/longer if anything though. I don't have huge biceps, but I have some meat there. If the shirt shrinks in the first wash it may be too small. Hopefully this helps others in their orders.

Alpineelk

Lil-Rokslider
Their catalyst rain gear is unreal that is it waterproof yet so soft. It stays in my pack and I have no concerns at all putting it on in fear of some extra noise.
I own basically all their gear from the Algus line to the Calor line. Went with Sitka fanatic over the Pyre set due to its super quiet features. I have nothing negative to say about any of the sets and would recommend to anyone.
For what it’s worth, my favorite piece is their Wasatch jacket and Venture Jacket. Highly recommend.
Do u have any thoughts on the exo rain gear line?

hunt1up

WKR
Do u have any thoughts on the exo rain gear line?

I just received my Exo jacket and pants last week. I currently own Kuiu Yukon rain gear but I wanted something lighter and more packable for less wet trips. The Exo stuff seems to fit the bill. It's not ultralight but it's definitely not as heavy as something like my Yukon set. I don't think I'd go busting brush in the Exo stuff like I would the Yukon, but for an all around mid-weight rain set it seems great. It's quiet and well thought out. It's a looser fit so you can throw it over whatever you're wearing. I wouldn't call it baggy though.

I think it would be sufficient for 90% of rain gear needs. I have no field experience with it yet though.

Badseed

WKR
I finally received my order from badlands and I am not sure about the material. I got the algus pants and right out if the box they are noisy, like old polyester workout pants. Has anybody else bought them and washed them yet. I need to know if the material gets quieter after its washed. If not I will probably send them back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I finally received my order from badlands and I am not sure about the material. I got the algus pants and right out if the box they are noisy, like old polyester workout pants. Has anybody else bought them and washed them yet. I need to know if the material gets quieter after its washed. If not I will probably send them back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I sent back my entire order, The camo looks like a 1970's Leopard skin and the fit was awful, I thought i was going have to cut the sleeve cuff off to get my hand out. I would be sick to my stomach if i had paid for full price for it. Hope they get my money returned back quickly. Never again!