Badlands Camo

Mcmacsten

FNG
I got a really good deal on some badlands approach Camo. Does anyone have any reviews or takes on badlands?

I dont own any yet. I have been considering switching to badlands. I like their packs and you can not beat their warranty or customer service. I would have already switched but i have a lot of money invested in sitka

jmav58

WKR
I've had a few Badlands items such as pants, pack and puffy jacket. You'll use that lifetime warranty and when they send it back it's not fixed or repaired. Zippers are an absolute joke, material isn't the most durable. Money is well spent on sitka, pnuma, first lite, kuiu, kryptek or any other major player in the hunting clothing world.

OP
M

Mcmacsten

FNG
I dont own any yet. I have been considering switching to badlands. I like their packs and you can not beat their warranty or customer service. I would have already switched but i have a lot of money invested in sitka
Why are you wanting to switch from Sitka?

OP
M

Mcmacsten

FNG
I've had a few Badlands items such as pants, pack and puffy jacket. You'll use that lifetime warranty and when they send it back it's not fixed or repaired. Zippers are an absolute joke, material isn't the most durable. Money is well spent on sitka, pnuma, first lite, kuiu, kryptek or any other major player in the hunting clothing world.
I’ve heard they’re customer service is great, first Bad experience I’ve heard. But the one thing I don’t like is the pant leg at the bottom is way to wide. I’ve sent two things in before and they sent new items. Have you had any experience with six site gear. Also looking at them. I appreciate your info. Thanks

Why are you wanting to switch from Sitka?
I love my sitka gear. I was thinking badlands for the price and customer service. I only had one problem with sitka item and they replaced it with no problem. I think sitka only covers their defects. Badlands covers everything even if its your fault. Seems pretty good

stayx015

FNG
Badlands has awesome Customer Service. No questions asked. Their "puffy" vest and coat is darn nice for an insulating layer.

Have the Badlands Exo top and bottoms, have had no issues as of yet or had to return. We'll see what next fall does to my opinion, but its lightweight and feels good.

HuntNTag

WKR
I have quite a bit of gear from them. They are great with customer service. I will echo mcmacsten on the width of their pants. I’ve had to have some thing altered due to how baggy they might feel but I do enjoy their gear. Surprisingly I like their merino base layers the most out of all my gear and then their packs. I’ve had busted clips, things tear and they have sent clips for free and replaced/fixed things that were torn.

Hondo

WKR
A guide I was in camp with had Badlands Approach gear and spoke well of it. From a distance it seemed to blob less than the more prevalent Verde 2.0 in the group against the half live and half ghost tree laden mountainside trail where I was observing. The only negative thing I noticed was the lower legs on the pants (not sure which model) seemed a bit more roomy than necessary.

I've never used their apparel but have had a Badlands Ultra Day Pack for years that continues to hold up well although it gets infrequent use lately. There are still a couple of Bino Packs around that still get use and have given me zero issues. I've had more customer service experience with the sister company Fishpond and it has been exemplary.

Lately I've been eyeballing the Badlands Cooltouch Stealth Hoodie in Approach for early fall sweltering heat in Texas.

Blackstorm

Lil-Rokslider
the pants are only baggy if you are slender, for those of us that are not they fit well, so far no warranty issues and I have used my gear a lot (daily) getting ready for this fall season. Pack fits well and using as a day pack its great don't have to use for pack out. Bino harness XR is OK, rangefinder ring a little short but closure is quiet and convenient. I do have some gear from Sitka as well also very good stuff

I have the badlands venture jacket. Nicely designed and fits me very well. It’s too noisy IMO to be a dedicated archery jacket but it’s windproof and waterproof with just the right amount of insulation for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk