badlands exo rain gear

any input on these? its on sale at a great price right now
I have a pair of the older set in realtree Xtra. Super lite but not too durable in the alders. No leg zips for putting on over boots. I see with the brand new ones in the Approach camo they have adressed all these problems so they are probably exellent.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

OP
ofl0926

ofl0926

WKR
I have a pair of the older set in realtree Xtra. Super lite but not too durable in the alders. No leg zips for putting on over boots. I see with the brand new ones in the Approach camo they have adressed all these problems so they are probably exellent.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

the set i am looking at is their EXO in realtree xtra as well

Rubbin_Is_Racin

Lil-Rokslider
I know this is an old thread but I figured I revive it rather than start a new one.

I have the Exo rain gear in their new camo pattern. I had a bunch of Bass Pro points saved up so I swung on this setup. Today I had to go out and test some warranty repairs on my boat motor. It's 33 degrees and raining. So I suited up and and let it rip.

Pros - I stayed completely dry, the wind (30 mph boat speed) did not get through and I stayed warm. This stuff is pretty light for what it is and does seem to pack down pretty well. It's not completely silent but it's pretty quiet for rain gear that actually keeps you dry for a long time. It's easy to slip on over boots thanks to the side zips. The shape of the jacket moved really well and did not feel constrictive at all.

Cons- I had some trouble with the hood cinch cord locking mechanism while using big gloves, I even had to pull the gloves off to deal with it a few times and even then I had to work my fingers up into the pocket the locking mechanism was tucked into. Once the loops were out on it, it was a bit easier though.

There's not a lot of talk about this setup out there so I figured I put something out. I'm happy with the setup.

Rubbin_Is_Racin

Lil-Rokslider
I was on the wrong product, you're right it does not mention breathability. I havent my set long enough to really get a long day in weather with it but a few times I wore the jacket for about a mile hike it was okay but toward the end of the mile it was a touch on the warm side to the point I started to unzip the top of the jacket.

Rubbin_Is_Racin

Lil-Rokslider
I did notice that they consider it a cold weather setup whereas the products that have the breathability rating are considered warm weather gear. So it may not be a good product for warm weather.

Nice. Thanks for the review. I have not used any of the badlands, but it seems like it might be good and certainly over looked.

sfire436

FNG
At 2 lbs my exo rain gear set is heavy by backpacking standards but has not leaked, is roomie enough to fit over my lost park parka and puffy pants, and is also reasonably quiet. I may uprade one day but although badlands gets knocked for their packs, I find their clothing to be great