Badlands Point bacpack discontinued

sticktime

FNG
I've been using this Badlands pack for a years now and it's perfect for me. One of my hunting buddies wanted to get the same but they don't make it anymore. One of the best things I like is the ability to carry my bow or gun.
It carrys my bibs, outer layers, boot covers, 9mm, binos ,hydration and has storage compartments to spare.

Two questions- anyone have one they want to sell? I cant find them anywhere
Or can anyone recommend a similar pack, regardless of brand? I dread the day one of my buckles decides to break.
Thanks!

Badlands Point Day Pack, Realtree AP-Xtra https://a.co/d/g1Kvsbk

There is one on ebay right now.

I just picked up a Superday there in excellent shape for a pretty good discount over new.

OP
S

sticktime

FNG
I didn't see a "point" model anywhere. There is one company listing it but they dont actually have one. do you mind sharing the link? There are a punch of day packs, but the point gas some specific straps and compartments the others are missing. Thanks!

OP
S

sticktime

FNG
Ah interesting, thank you! It's definitely a different model than mine. I have two straps that go across the back with webbing to protect the bow strings and a detachable section for binos. Thank you for sharing though

I've been using this Badlands pack for a years now and it's perfect for me. One of my hunting buddies wanted to get the same but they don't make it anymore. One of the best things I like is the ability to carry my bow or gun.
It carrys my bibs, outer layers, boot covers, 9mm, binos ,hydration and has storage compartments to spare.

Two questions- anyone have one they want to sell? I cant find them anywhere
Or can anyone recommend a similar pack, regardless of brand? I dread the day one of my buckles decides to break.
Thanks!

Badlands Point Day Pack, Realtree AP-Xtra https://a.co/d/g1Kvsbk
Badlands just dropped an updated version of this pack yesterday. It was on the 12 deals of christmas. It looks really sweet, mine should be in tomorrow. https://www.badlandsgear.com/products/point-pack

Thank for sharing, let us know how you like it
So, my first impressions of the bag. It carries well, and the belt does its job to distribute weight, the I'm not sure how I feel about the molle loops instead of belt pockets.. The access into the main compartment from the back is very nice; it's off to the side so it's more like side access. Hydration bladder fits snuggly in its sleave and leaves plenty of room in the main compartment. Top pocket on the hood is very spacious, and the front pocket between the bat wings fits my spare belay device, two carabiners, and 40ft of 9mm rappel rope rather swimmingly. The bat wings are small and I'm not too sure if they have any actual use. It lacks a bow/gun boot. I tend to carry my bow in hand so this isn't a major issue, but the option would've been nice. My only real complaint about the pack is its lack of organization.Some sleeves within the compartments (at least the main compartment) would have made a huge difference in its packability. I also wish it had two pockets on the bottom outsides of the bag, where most bags would have elastic drink holders. I don't pack a mountain of gear for hunting in south Louisiana, but I generally like specific places for my things, such as my extra release, thermocell and its consumables, bow hanger, ect. Aside from the lack of organizational abilities, the pack seems great. If it doesn't workout well in the wood I'll probably spring for a superday. I currently have in the pack: a drag rope, headlight, flashlight, thermocell, emergency paracord, extra release, rattle-bag, bow hanger, rappel rope, two belay devices, two carabiners, a saddle, and a one-stick strapped to the front compression straps.