Badlands Rain Gear

Looking to purchase rain gear for the upcoming season. KY hunter & I’ve always skimped on rain gear. Currently wearing all badlands clothing, so looking at purchasing the badlands Exo rain set. However, looking for some reviews. Not too worried about a matching Camo set so any other affordable/well tested rain gear inputs are appreciated.

Jimss

WKR
If you want breathable I'd take a serious look at Sitka or Kuiu. They are tough to beat! I would make sure the jacket you get has pitzips or you'll get wet from the inside out. If you are in a torrent of rain and aren't active you might peek at Helly Hanson. They are 100% waterproof and rubberish material. I often wear HH on boats in Alaska but breathable raingear in Alaska when actively hunting sheep, goats, or bear.

OP
C
If you want breathable I'd take a serious look at Sitka or Kuiu. They are tough to beat! I would make sure the jacket you get has pitzips or you'll get wet from the inside out. If you are in a torrent of rain and aren't active you might peek at Helly Hanson. They are 100% waterproof and rubberish material. I often wear HH on boats in Alaska but breathable raingear in Alaska when actively hunting sheep, goats, or bear.
Thanks, appreciate the input. I’ll take a look at Sitka and Kuiu’s lines.

Jimss

WKR
Kuiu and Sitka are expensive but worth every penny! You may be able to find some nearly new on the classified section of this website. You may also find a killer deal on old model Sitkas somewhere online. I usually find them for around 1/2 price.

Also, if you don't mind not having camo and don't want to spend as much $ I would seriously look at Marmot Precip. I use them all the time and they are only around $50 each at Sierra Trading or other online sites

Rick653

FNG
I have the Badlands alpha jacket and love it. It's definitely a heavier rain jacket, but pretty tough. It has like a brushed face on it so it's actually not terribly loud either. If you like the Badlands gear I bet you'll like that jacket

CorbLand

WKR
I had the EXO Jacket and liked it but it didnt breath that well at all.