Badlands superday

OP
velvetfvr

velvetfvr

WKR
Now looking I like the mystery ranch crew cab. Looks like it would last me for almost any trip, as a day pack or as a few day backpack.

sk1

WKR
i agree with bb on the eberlestock x2, fantastic daypack and can haul some meat i love mine for what it is

if you're bumping up in price range to a MR crew cab that opens lots of doors for pack possibilities, make sure to check all your options! kifaru, stone glacier, kuiu, and mystery ranch brands to name a few

Lawnboi

WKR
If your looking at a high end day pack now I would make a new thread and ask for some opinions, or read around on what interests you. Especially with kifaru there are a ton of options depending on exactly what you want and it can be pretty confusing when you first start looking.

OP
velvetfvr

velvetfvr

WKR
If your looking at a high end day pack now I would make a new thread and ask for some opinions, or read around on what interests you. Especially with kifaru there are a ton of options depending on exactly what you want and it can be pretty confusing when you first start looking.

Yeah kifaru has me confused. I will start reading around and then if I still have questions I will start a new thread.

For what it's worth I've got a Superday that I've used for about the last 8 years I think. I use it for day hunts. I hunt elk during archery season and muzzleload for deer. I've heard from others that the newer packs may have some issues with their zippers. At 3 lbs 15 oz it's barely lighter than the new Kifaru Highcamp with Bikini frame. I'm about to pull the trigger on the Highcamp for an upcoming Alaska trip this year. However, I'll probably end up using it as my new day pack when I'm planning on being out all day. I really like the versatility of using it as a day pack to pack meat out when I've got something down instead of going back to the truck for another pack. I'll still keep the Superday on hand in the truck to have on hand for those unexpected trips and emergencies as well as short hikes for scouting.

NEhunter

WKR
I sold my Badlands Superday for an Eberlestock X2 for an everyday whitetail/turkey hunting pack. Way better IMO. The Superday was ok if all you wanted to carry was a jacket in it but strap any weight to it and it was worthless to me. I like to strap my popup blind and summit climber to my pack and the X2 carries them very well.

slim9300

WKR
If anyone wants a Superday I'll sell you mine real cheap. It's been unused for 3 years now and collecting dust.

Thanks, thinking about getting just a really backed up company with quality pack and don't have to worry about it. Not saying the others are bad but it seems like you get what you pay for,

Lawnboi hit the nail on the head. Look at kifaru if you don't have a budget, you won't be disappointed. Stone Glacier packs are available at Schnee's now if you live near one. Also take a look at mystery ranch, or even horn hunter.

Manosteel

WKR
I love my superday, it fits me well and is great for day trips into the field. But I would not consider hauling meat in it. Its got a lot of pockets for people like me who like to kep things oorganized and you can add a water blatter. If you want the option to hual meat their are better options

2ski

WKR
If anyone wants a Superday I'll sell you mine real cheap. It's been unused for 3 years now and collecting dust.

I am happy to hear this. I'll be going to Schnee's as soon as I get off work to check them out. Good to live in the town that is home to Schnee's, Mystery Ranch, Stone Glacier, FHF, Kenetrek, ect....

2ski

WKR
You sound like you're in the same boat as I was. I was thinking about a Badlands Hybrid, and now 6 months later and much thought and research, these Rokslide guys have me 95% conviced to go with the Kifaru. I started thinking Badlands, then Eberlestock, then Tenzing, then MR, and now Kifaru...probably. It was a little easier to afford the Hybrid than a DT3 which is why I haven't bought a pack quite yet.