Badlands superday

velvetfvr

WKR
I am wondering what everyone thinks about this pack? Pros and cons. On paper it looks to be exactly what I want. I will go look at it before next hunting season but likes everything a out this pack on paper. Thanks!

OP
velvetfvr

velvetfvr

WKR
What I do is bowhunt. I have a nice day pack that's not as big. Basically to hold all my stuff while hiking around. And if I was to knock a buck down I could take a little of the meat or head. Hold my bow.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
The X2 would do very very well for your uses. It is not a dedicated hauler or backpacking pack, but for your uses ... awesome.

The caviat is it doesn't have adjustable suspension, so you will want to try it on first.

bbrown

WKR
I will second the X2 - specially if you have a shorter torso. I have not had good luck with badlands although their warranty is great - I know same old story....

OP
velvetfvr

velvetfvr

WKR
The X2 would do very very well for your uses. It is not a dedicated hauler or backpacking pack, but for your uses ... awesome.

The caviat is it doesn't have adjustable suspension, so you will want to try it on first.

Yeah, we won't be backpacking into a unit, more as a pack to haul the stuff needed and to take out a deer if we got one. Going to be roaming the stores trying packs out.

Lawnboi

WKR
Id look at the eberlestock blue widow as well. I liked it as a day pack that would haul meat if it had to.

Theres some really really good options out there as well for quite a bit more depending on your budget.

OP
velvetfvr

velvetfvr

WKR
Id look at the eberlestock blue widow as well. I liked it as a day pack that would haul meat if it had to.

Theres some really really good options out there as well for quite a bit more depending on your budget.

Don't really have a budget.

Jager

WKR
As daypacks Badlands are decent enough, I have never used the X2 but it appears to be a step up.

Lawnboi

WKR
Don't really have a budget.

You might want to check out kifaru and mystery ranch, stone glacier. If you truly have no budget and want the best these are the crème of the crop.

Im a fan of kifaru, I had a few badlands packs as well as the eberle blue widow and the quality, function and comfort are far superior on the kifaru packs(especially for hauling heavy loads). The modularity (ability to add whatever pockets and accessories you want) is second to none as well. The problem is that they cost quite a bit more. If you search around on here there are a lot of good threads on kifaru packs, though there are not too many on day pack type stuff. As I said the price is a little scary to see but these things are made in the USA, bullet proof, and fully functional packs, that will likely last a lifetime.

The other good thing about the kifaru packs is there going to carry your bow better than anything else (that iv tried atleast)

If having the best is something that interests you id poke around their site a bit and see what appeals to you.

OP
velvetfvr

velvetfvr

WKR
You might want to check out kifaru and mystery ranch, stone glacier. If you truly have no budget and want the best these are the crème of the crop.

Im a fan of kifaru, I had a few badlands packs as well as the eberle blue widow and the quality, function and comfort are far superior on the kifaru packs(especially for hauling heavy loads). The modularity (ability to add whatever pockets and accessories you want) is second to none as well. The problem is that they cost quite a bit more. If you search around on here there are a lot of good threads on kifaru packs, though there are not too many on day pack type stuff. As I said the price is a little scary to see but these things are made in the USA, bullet proof, and fully functional packs, that will likely last a lifetime.

The other good thing about the kifaru packs is there going to carry your bow better than anything else (that iv tried atleast)

If having the best is something that interests you id poke around their site a bit and see what appeals to you.

Ok, my only problem is I am not sure if the stores will have these. I haven't searched the stores thoroughly but just walking by I have only seen badlands, eberlestocks and Sitka.

Lawnboi

WKR
Ok, my only problem is I am not sure if the stores will have these. I haven't searched the stores thoroughly but just walking by I have only seen badlands, eberlestocks and Sitka.

These are not availiable in stores, they sell direct from the company. This may not appeal to you as you cant get your hands on them which scares a lot of people, but I can tell you the quality in these blows badlands eberle and Sitka out of the water. They are atleast worth a serious look.

Beastmode

WKR

You won't find kifaru, MR, stone glacier, or kuiu in stores. Check out their websites. Kifaru is made to order. The others are usually stocked.

OP
velvetfvr

velvetfvr

WKR
These are not availiable in stores, they sell direct from the company. This may not appeal to you as you cant get your hands on them which scares a lot of people, but I can tell you the quality in these blows badlands eberle and Sitka out of the water. They are atleast worth a serious look.

Ok, definitely will check them out! Thanks fellas!

blb078

WKR
If you're wanting to stay around the 2000ci size then you can look at the Tenzing TZ 2220 day pack. I almost bought the Superday for when I whitetail hunt earlier this year and it's a nice pack. Kifaru, MR, etc all make smaller packs but they are more known for their bigger packs and hauling bigger loads. If you don't plan on hauling a lot and want strictly a day pack might as well save a few bucks and go with something like the Superday, TZ 2220, or the X2. Don't think you can go wrong w/either one of em.

Whisky

WKR
I have the Superday and the Blue Widow. I bought the Blue Widow as soon as I got home from a trip where I had to pack out meat with the Superday. I love the SUperday for a day pack. It's laid out very nicely, and carried your gear be it a bow or rifle very well. But you put any amount of load in them, and they suck!!!! It's not made for hauling meat very far. Now having experience with the Blue Widow, again, I love the layout and versatility of the pack. But hauling in 45-50lbs of gear a couple times last year with it, lead me to the conclusion it's also not the best pack for moderate loads (but MUCH better than the Superday). I have also strapped gear for the day and a big ground blind onto the Blue Widow a couple different times. On top of that, one trip I had to throw in a boned out antelope as well. Unfortunately, I'm now searching for a little better pack.

But I will still keep and use the Blue Widow as a day pack for a lot of my hunting situations. I can suffer through a couple miles no problem.

OP
velvetfvr

velvetfvr

WKR
I have the Superday and the Blue Widow. I bought the Blue Widow as soon as I got home from a trip where I had to pack out meat with the Superday. I love the SUperday for a day pack. It's laid out very nicely, and carried your gear be it a bow or rifle very well. But you put any amount of load in them, and they suck!!!! It's not made for hauling meat very far. Now having experience with the Blue Widow, again, I love the layout and versatility of the pack. But hauling in 45-50lbs of gear a couple times last year with it, lead me to the conclusion it's also not the best pack for moderate loads (but MUCH better than the Superday). I have also strapped gear for the day and a big ground blind onto the Blue Widow a couple different times. On top of that, one trip I had to throw in a boned out antelope as well. Unfortunately, I'm now searching for a little better pack.

But I will still keep and use the Blue Widow as a day pack for a lot of my hunting situations. I can suffer through a couple miles no problem.

Thanks, thinking about getting just a really backed up company with quality pack and don't have to worry about it. Not saying the others are bad but it seems like you get what you pay for,

Last edited: