Badlands Vario 33 kit

Hey everyone, I'm interested if any of you have experience with the badlands Vario 33 kit? I'm looking for one and am interested if anyone has stories of using it.
Thanks

TexDoc

Lil-Rokslider
I've been impressed with mine, it handles weight well, the design is well thought out and its a pretty comfortable pack system overall. My Kifaru just fits my build better (5'9" 195lbs) so I'm sticking with it. I actually have mine listed for sale in the Rokslide classifieds if you decide you want one. I have it at $325.

No experience with it. What I do have experience with is Kifaru, Exo and soon Stone Glacier. For the kind of money you're talking, I'd buy a frame from one of the one's I listed and then when I could afford it, add a bag. You'll save yourself money in the end, not having gone another route before ending up with one of the ones mentioned. Just my opinion, having owned a number of packs prior to buying my first Kifaru.

OP
Nickoftime
I've been impressed with mine, it handles weight well, the design is well thought out and its a pretty comfortable pack system overall. My Kifaru just fits my build better (5'9" 195lbs) so I'm sticking with it. I actually have mine listed for sale in the Rokslide classifieds if you decide you want one. I have it at $325.
Yeah I saw that one! I've been doing research on the pack and I like everything about it... Besides the hip belt. I believe for my built I'll need something that has more padding. I'm looking into the badlands MRK system, since I like the company and like the design of the pack. But if I change my mind I'll let you know!

TexDoc

Lil-Rokslider
I'm curious what you dislike about the belt? That is one of the things I like best about the Vario and the built-in pistol holster is a pretty cool feature that I actually used. Packs are a pretty personal thing so I'm always curious about what people like or don't like. As a company I really like Badlands also, they make good stuff.

OP
Nickoftime
I'm curious what you dislike about the belt? That is one of the things I like best about the Vario and the built-in pistol holster is a pretty cool feature that I actually used. Packs are a pretty personal thing so I'm always curious about what people like or don't like. As a company I really like Badlands also, they make good stuff.
I like how they design the belt with the holster and pockets. The thing I've noticed since I have the super day is sometimes the memory foam isn't enough padding. It would pinch when I really tighten it, which isn't a big issue on a day pack. But I don't think it will be good for me to use the Vario for packing heavy weight, since I have boney hips. So I need a little more padding! 😂

TexDoc

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah belts are funny like that, even the in depth review videos show a wide range of opinions from the review team on the exact same belts and frames. In the end you need to find something that fits your body and you are comfortable with because none of these are cheap. Unfortunately if you don't have a store close to you offering all the options its really hard to fit test them and even harder to fit test several on the same day with the same weight for a really good comparison. I hope you find something that works for you man!

OP
Nickoftime
Yeah belts are funny like that, even the in depth review videos show a wide range of opinions from the review team on the exact same belts and frames. In the end you need to find something that fits your body and you are comfortable with because none of these are cheap. Unfortunately if you don't have a store close to you offering all the options its really hard to fit test them and even harder to fit test several on the same day with the same weight for a really good comparison. I hope you find something that works for you man!
Yeah, I just tried on both the vario and the mystery ranch pack. I actually liked how Vario fit! I'm interested in buying your pack! I can message you tomorrow about details!

whoami-72

Lil-Rokslider
Just as an FYI. The Vario frames develop a squeak. It was there at first but gets bigger the more you use it. I emailed badlands and they acknowledged that there is a problem and we’re willing to send a new pack under warranty. The rep even pushed me towards a new line of bags instead of a direct replacement due to the problem.

OP
Nickoftime
Just as an FYI. The Vario frames develop a squeak. It was there at first but gets bigger the more you use it. I emailed badlands and they acknowledged that there is a problem and we’re willing to send a new pack under warranty. The rep even pushed me towards a new line of bags instead of a direct replacement due to the problem.
Thanks, I have noticed a little squeak, but nothing major right now. Did they say that they would send you a new line of pack without charge?

whoami-72

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks, I have noticed a little squeak, but nothing major right now. Did they say that they would send you a new line of pack without charge?
It was free so far, haven’t done it yet. In the middle of archery elk season and can’t afford to loose a weekend. I will say, their customer service is fantastic about other items though. Expect the same here.

Have you looked at their other packs? I’m not as big of a fan of the other ones. I’m kind of considering seeing if they’ll let me swap it out for two smaller day packs of the same value and getting a mystery ranch, Kifaru or similar instead