Bag and Pad for Tall Guy?

Valkyrie

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for a sleeping pad and bag that will work for me. I’m 6’4”. Budget on the bag is $250 prefer down and whatever I can find for a pad. Early season Colorado. I see a lot of stuff that is labeled “long” or “tall” but who knows.

BluMtn

WKR
If you are camping close to your rig, I use a Teton Elk Hunter. Rated for cold and it is 90" and nice and wide. It is heavy so it is nothing you will want to load on your back and pack in somewhere. I have had long bags in the past and it is like hunting pants that advertise long as a 34" inseam.

LionHead

WKR
I have an xtherm max long/wide on the classifieds now. No leaks or patches. Warm as hell and durable enough to put right down on the ground no ground sheet. Selling cuz I have too may pads

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

20DYNAMITE07

Lil-Rokslider
I'm 6'4"ish and fat. I use a UGQ quilt and I love it. You can order them in various lengths and they make one even longer than the one I ordered. I can't recommend them enough.

JimCraig

Lil-Rokslider
Outdoor vitals makes a 0 deg synthetic hybrid that's long/wide. They compress really well for a synthetic. They have a long in 0 deg down too.

I am 6’3” and 250. Side sleeper. Had used long pads for ever but find I prefer wide pads but don’t need the length. Currently swapping from a neoair to a sea to summit etherlite in wide rectangle that is 72” long. I set my pillow up off the end of the pad and going with standard length saves a few ounces and saves length in the shelter.

For bags, I lean toward synthetic. North face cats meow long is cheap and works fine but I need more shoulder girth. I used a Montbell burrow bag for a while and liked it because of the elastic shoulder stitching. I just picked up a Nemo forte 20 degree. The shoulder girth is fine but the leg room is crazy. I havent slept in it yet but I am really impressed by the fit and feel.

CoWapiti

FNG
I'm 6' 6" tall, 185 lbs. I'm using a BA Q Core SLX pad and a WM Versalite 6' 6" bag. Plenty of room for me.

rgroves79

Lil-Rokslider
I just received my static v long in the mail the other day. I pre-ordered it a month ago or more when they were giving away their down pillow for free along with a 10% discount for pre-ordering. Haven’t slept on it yet but it is plenty long for me and I’m pushing 6’6. It is only 20” wide and uninsulated as well. For $65-ish and the free pillow it was worth a shot

I just received my static v long in the mail the other day. I pre-ordered it a month ago or more when they were giving away their down pillow for free along with a 10% discount for pre-ordering. Haven’t slept on it yet but it is plenty long for me and I’m pushing 6’6. It is only 20” wide and uninsulated as well. For $65-ish and the free pillow it was worth a shot
How about now? And the pillow too, any good?

rgroves79

Lil-Rokslider
How about now? And the pillow too, any good?

Pillow is great as long as you stuff a piece of extra clothing in the sleeve on the bottom as intended. My Halstead fleece fit just right.

Pad worked just fine as well. Camp site wasn’t quite as level as I would like and me, my bag, and my pad all migrated in different directions during the night. No fault of the pad of course. It is not insulated so depending on how warm or cold you sleep will dictate what temps you can use it in.