Bag for moose hunt?

McCree

Lil-Rokslider
I've used a Marmot Pinnacle 15 degree down bag for 15ish years on western hunts without issue. I'm headed to AK for a drop moose hunt in Sept and thinking a synthetic bag might be a good idea. I like what I've read about the Kifaru slick bags and I like the center zip option but would like opinions on this bag and others as well as temp rating recommendation.

Thanks!

JakeShmevans

Lil-Rokslider
I personally have never been to AK but my Stone Glacier 15° has crushed just about everything the west has offered. Heard many folks take their bags to AK with no issues. Just my two 2¢ considering I’ve never used a synthetic bag.

I about froze once on a elk hunt in the rockies with about a foot of snow on the ground at about 0 F. My 40 degree bag was not near enough, own an LL Bean -20 F bag now, never freeze. I do use a liner inside for when its not that cold, when it only gets down to 10 F in the tent, i unzip the bag to cool off, and use the linear. It is a synthetic bag, chose to have the extra weight in case it ever got wet, I would still be warm vs down bag.