Bags for the Outdoorsmans pack frame?

I finally broke down and ordered one of the Outdoorsman's Atlas Trainers with the pack frame because I'm tired of rigging weights on my old Kelty pack frame. This will be a dedicated training pack until I head to deer/elk camp when I'll remove the weight attachment and use it as a meat hauler if the need arises.

I'm wondering if you can buy just a bag for this pack frame. I didn't see that option on their website. Or are there other bags out there that will fit this frame?

Thanks.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
What's the frame height? I have a hill people bag that might work for it.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Patriot2

Lil-Rokslider
What are your thoughts on the Outdoorsmans pack? I am looking for a backpack for hunting and carrying quarters. Is it comfortable with a load? Is it quite (no squeaks)? Can the frame be adjusted long enough to keep the shoulder straps only lightly loaded?

evergreenethos

Lil-Rokslider
I'd love to hear your experience with the Atlas. I've looked at them many times but don't know anybody who uses them to ask about it. Right now I use the Exo K3 + load crib if I want to attach plates. Or I just fill my bag with water bottles.

AMZddog

FNG
I have the atlas trainer. Really like it been training with it for the past couple months. I would say though don’t go with them just for the trainer make sure you like the frame because you can make any pack heavy with rocks or sandbags. The atlas is nice for me though because being out east the majority of my use is hiking with the atlas.

I have an atlas t and keep in the back of my truck for quick trips up the mountain before work. Subpar plastic frame compared to say an exo. Exo carry’s better, more comfortable, and higher quality build. It’s good enough for a training pack in my mind up to 70 ish pounds but if I’m gonna haul out heavy loads I’d definitely consider upgrading to a different pack. The differences side by side are pretty telling from the padding, fabric abrasiveness, and over all build.