Bait Barrel

Not trying to reinvent the wheel, but I was wondering if anyone has a proven method on a building a trickle feeder. I need to get 7-8 days out of a bait.

3 days is about all I seem to get now......

swampokie

WKR
Drill 3/4 inch holes in a barrel. 2 to 4 holes depending on amount of corn u want to feed. Make a roller out of it and attach it to a tree with a cable that runs through the top of the barrel. 200 lbs corn will last 7-10 days

OP
marshland_max
Drill 3/4 inch holes in a barrel. 2 to 4 holes depending on amount of corn u want to feed. Make a roller out of it and attach it to a tree with a cable that runs through the top of the barrel. 200 lbs corn will last 7-10 days

Thanks Swampokie, that's a good idea

swampokie

WKR
It works really great. Havent found a good way to ration them from my upright barrels that feed bread and donuts yet. Cant get 5 days ota them

OP
marshland_max
Yeah man, that's cool. I gotta do something. I haul it all in myself and I live a long ways away from where I hunt. If your idea gets me 7-10 It will be money. Season only a week or so away. I can't freaking wait!

We drill one hole that’s big enough to allow one piece of dog food to go through it. That’s it! Anything bigger and it gets cleaned out in a couple days, sooner if we have a sow with cubs hanging around. This is enough to keep them interested, and allows us to only refill every 2 weeks or so.