Bait ideas :)

stitchesdraw

Lil-Rokslider
Hey everyone. Avid bear hunter. Love spot and stalk here in Canada with my bow. But certainly have entertained some bait sites :)
What do you all use ?
Beat bait tips ?
Seems from my experience they sure love the beavers and the sweets :)
All input welcome.
Fun convo I feel.

Thanks all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Find a local bakery and buy their over product..we used to get 55 gallon drums packed full of donuts and honey buns for 75 bucks a barrel. Peanuts work well especially when covered in in used cooking oil. We could get peanuts in the 1600lb seed bags pretty cheap.

I found they eat about anything including hydraulic fluid and foam seats, think broken down ATVs and tractors. I was guiding so with as many bait sites we were running it came down to what was cheapiest and then what was easiest to deal with...

Just beware after 3 yrs of shoveling old donuts/honey buns out of barrels I will never eat another one so dont use something you like..lol

MNhunter

FNG
I have a friend that runs a bakery so start stock pilling a month in advance all the day old baked goods donuts, bread, cakes everything goes in the chest freezers so it doesn't get moldy. Popcorn and cherry jello packs sprinkled on top after popped. Used fry oil splashed all over for them to walk in and spread around. I also really like blue berry syrup mixed with vegetable oil and put it in a spray bottle and spray it up into the trees and leaves around the bait site.

MNGaryB

FNG
I have found bear that have never smelt bbq sauce go nuts for it! I’m sure it’s similar to the liquid smoke ideas but it’s worked for me in Minnesota and Ontario!