Baiting

sportsmans challenge

WKR
Classified Approved
Do many of you bait for coyotes and other predators?

I have hunted coyotes for many years and with the family growing and time less and less plentiful for hunting and pursuing animals i have been lookung at more ways to maximize my number of encounters as well as narrow down key spots to make this happen with multiple avenues of approach and terrain in my favor.

I have only been out during the day so far messing with these bait spots, but am working on the gear to go out at night and sit or visit these and try to catch coyotes on, coming or going from these piles.

I know there is lots of dogs on the ranch i have permission for as Saturday we seen about 15, distance and other variables contributing to no downed dog. I am very excited to see what shows up and what we can put down in the coming months.

In one picture i have 4 dogs so we know they are finding these and are all over the immediate area.

Yes, I bait them sometimes. Usually during our 4 month long deer season. While I have shot a couple in the daylight on bait, the majority by far come in at night. Driveway alert alarms is what I use to know they are there in the dark.

OP
sportsmans challenge

sportsmans challenge

WKR
Classified Approved
Wrnt out yeserday and the whole pile we put out last Saturday was completely gone. Put another one out in a spot close to this and seen 5 in the area today

OP
sportsmans challenge

sportsmans challenge

WKR
Classified Approved
Went out again monday and the whole pile was gone again with over 2700 pictures. Many pics with 3 or 4 dogs, need to get out there with the rite gear.

*zap*

WKR
If you just want the yotes dead then set snares on the trails to the bait pile. Snares hunt 24/7 until they get one. Make sure there are no dogs around.