Bamboo failure or Personal Problem?

Smallie

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah, I would think that it would be great for fishing. I wonder if it was the combo of humidity and physical exertion? I customarily hike a mile or so into my fishing location, as I did here, and I’m doing a lot scrambling up hills and climbing up rocks. Maybe bamboo is meant for more stationary activities? I’m just spitballing here. Or maybe I just got a bad batch?
That could be possible I wasn’t exerting myself at all. Might have to try that on a ruck hike this weekend and I’ll report back. If it’s too warm I’ll stick with my First Lite wick stuff then for physical activity. Only trying bamboo because it is cheaper and I feel bad putting my expensive merino stuff through the ringer on hunts in warm weather. I will say the bamboo is super soft and probably a good option for those that have sensitive skin or find merino itchy or scratchy

"Bamboo" without a clarifier doesn't mean much. Mechanically separated bamboo, bamboo linen, is a very nice, cool, natural material. Chemically processed bamboo, or viscous/rayon bamboo, really isn't anything more than rayon that was sourced from bamboo. I've tried hyped bamboo sheets that were bamboo rayon that were advertised as cool, and they were hot as hell to me - I much prefer a good cotton percale.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Just remember, bamboo fabric is also called rayon. The name change was to help with marketing.

While it is made from the cellulose of bamboo, it is pretty far removed from natural fibers like wool and cotton.