Ban Unit Numbers in Rokslide Threads

Have ability to ban and or delete unit specific threads?

• Total voters

Huntin_GI

WKR
We all are aware of the dramatic effect forums can have on a unit.

What if we can be part of a solution and make those Unit Specific threads go away?

Have a little report button and BAM, the thread is blocked until a review can be completed. It happens every year. I am sure that I am guilty at some point but would love to see a way we can "police" this type of behavior.

Whatcha think?

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Who cares. Alaska has several units, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, Etc. Heaven help us, better report me.

CJohnson

WKR
I wouldn’t be upset about it, but I think people would just start using locations instead. If you think it’s bad on here, don’t go on FB. In some of the groups I follow on there, people are asking about which trailheads and drainages to go to.

Ten Bears

WKR
I am firmly against it. We can talk about hunting in great detail without giving away earned information about specific spots.

That being said. If it is allowed a couple courtesies would go a long way.

1. If you just made an account to ask about a unit, ban them.

edit* maybe a form letter response to a newbie along the lines of "hey welcome to the site, you'd get a warmer welcome if you interacted on here for a while before asking about units"

2. If you want to help someone, send them a PM. That way someone’s spot isn’t blown up for anyone to google.

Thought I would add to this to give more context.

I have sent help to 10 or 15 different people on here. 9 times out of 10 I haven't got a response of any kind. It totally soured my opinion on it. The ones that have responded have been awesome.

Last edited:

SWOHTR

WKR
I’m all for more regulation and increasing the admin burden on the moderators and staff!

Sigh.

I twice shot some decent whitetail bucks in Idaho GMU 8. Highly recommended.

woods89

WKR
I voted to ban the practice, but I'm not banking on it happening.

Maybe these posts need tags attached, similar to some of Rogans podcasts, from what I'm told.

"Learn more about the effects of unit numbers posted online!"