Banded Waders are a joke

On my second pair in 2 years first pair wore 10 trips and it was flooded corn so I gave them a pass. Bought another air last year wore one time took them out form my kids jr hunt second trip on them and I get soaked !! I reach out and they tell me pound salt I don’t have your receipt. What a joke!! These waders and their customer service is a joke. I habe guided waterfowl and have used all diff types and brands these abs their company are the worst!! Stay away unless u like buying a new pair ever 6 months and getting wet

I can tell you from experience that drake's aren't any better. Oddly I've had unbelievable durability out of economically priced cabelas brand as far as neoprene's go.

If sticking w/ breathable is a must and not wanting to pay the simms/sitka price tag, gator waders have been getting some good feedback

Last edited:
Imo neoprenes are the worst. The only thing good about them is how warm the boots can be. They are heavy and harder to move around in then breathables. I can wear merino long underwear and light weight puffy pants under my breathables and be much warmer then neoprenes. Throw on some thin socks then a pair of wool socks and my feet stay plenty warm. Wading boots are much more comfortable to walk around in then neoprene boots to. I have been wearing the same frog togg pilot guide waders for 7 years sea duck hunting, river fishing and land surveying through brush. Only time I had a problem was a year ago when I caught them trying to step over my trailer tounge of the boat (would have put a rip in any waders) I would stick to buying waders from a company that mainly produces waders or rain gear and not these black hoodie wearing companies who claim to do it all well.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

OP
B
I can tell you from experience that drake's aren't any better. Oddly I've had unbelievable durability out of economically priced cabelas brand as far as neoprene's go.

If sticking w/ breathable is a must and not wanting to pay the simms/sitka price tag, gator waders have been getting some good feedback
Funny u mention it when I was guiding and calling competivey was on Drakes staff and your are 100% right their waders weren't good they quality control is why I could be a part of them anymore can't rep stuff if don't believe in it!! and you are right my best have been the good ol Cabelas breathable but I am hearing bad things about them now too

krimmie

FNG
I’ve had good luck with Cabela’s...both neoprene and breathables, but mine are now 5 seasons old and I hear the newer versions have had some issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve had good luck with Cabela’s...both neoprene and breathables, but mine are now 5 seasons old and I hear the newer versions have had some issues.

I have had cabelas neoprene for 20 years. Still work but the liners in the built in rubber boot disintegrated. Other than that, work great.

I’ve heard nothing but bad things about Bandeds. I just picked up a pair of Rogers breathables during a recent blowout sale. Hope they hold up!! 1 year warranty

If going with less expensive waders I would go with Cabelas and avoid booted models.

Stocking foot with wading boots will be more durable and give more ankle support.

I wear Simms but I spend a lot of time in them a year. If you can make a pair of cabelas last 3 years then I would just stick with them.