Banish vs Thunderbeast

renagde

WKR
I'm trying to decide on my first silencer. It'll ride mostly on my 6.5 right now, but will also be on my AR as well. Direct thread vs quick disconnect is not important. Mostly looking for real world experience of either. Heard great things about both, but have seen less than stellar reviews of Silencer Central which gives me cold feet...I like the fact that the Banish is so light, with the option of being configured to either 7" or 9". Also being user serviceable is a big plus. Also the much shorter leadtimes than Thunderbeast have been leaning towards Banish. Give me some opinions!

Last edited:

Mark at EXO

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I did a ton of research and waiting, and now that I have my Thunderbeast in hand, I have zero regrets. In my opinion and limited experience so far, there is a reason that the TBAC Ultra series has such amazing feedback/reviews and limited availability (high demand).

OP
renagde

renagde

WKR
I did a ton of research and waiting, and now that I have my Thunderbeast in hand, I have zero regrets. In my opinion and limited experience so far, there is a reason that the TBAC Ultra series has such amazing feedback/reviews and limited availability (high demand).
Curious as to who you bought yours from? I hear it takes 6 months just to get a serial number due to their backlog.

It's a lifetime purchase, I highly recommend TBAC. Most suppressors today aren't junk, but some are much better than others.

gearguywb

WKR
I have a TBAC Ultra 7. Really like it. It is a 30 cal and use it on both a 300 mag and 6.5CM

rustyN

Lil-Rokslider
Buy the best you can, I didn't and regret it. Bought a YHM and it's been fine but it's a tank. We have some Ultra 7s now and they're arguably the best out there.

msstate56

Lil-Rokslider
Get a TB Ultra no Question. I have 2 of them and they are by far the best rifle can available unless you need full auto. DO NOT try and purchase direct from Thunderbeast however, you will be waiting 9 months or more (not counting waiting on your Form 4). I had to wait 8 months for mine last year, and that was before it got crazy this year. Find a shop like Mile High or Silencer Shop that has one in stock, buy it, then get shipped to your local SOT.

Cody_W

WKR
As a further Echo, you really can’t go wrong with TBAC. The guys at the shop are super helpful and responsive with questions and service is great. I don’t know about Banish, but my 338 Ultra is killer.

I'm a TBAC guy so I'd go with them every time. Got the whole Ultra lineup and a .22 Takedown in my safe.

Goatie

Lil-Rokslider
I’m a big fan of my Banish 30. Overall fit and finish are better than my other stainless can and sounds as good if not better. Comes apart easily without tools. Threw 2-300 through it on a prairie dog trip right after I got it. Came apart easily, cleaned easily. I’m a fan and if/when I get another can it might be another banish.

Attachments

• 27CAEDF0-709E-4D62-BB5C-937C84C9F0DF.jpeg
    27CAEDF0-709E-4D62-BB5C-937C84C9F0DF.jpeg
    378.9 KB · Views: 34
  • B7822220-D58D-40AB-BF98-9A250C659309.jpeg
    B7822220-D58D-40AB-BF98-9A250C659309.jpeg
    336.5 KB · Views: 34