Bare shaft tuning

OP
Y
Watched a handful of videos and read some writings. Have to say I went back to the Argali page on Broadhead Tuning 101 the most. Thanks all.

Reactions: Zac

Dennis

WKR
Check out the "Ranch Fairy" YouTube channel for bare shaft tuning tips. My arrow flight and penetration have improved.

Reactions: Zac
In what order do you tune your bow?
I had to extend my draw length from 32” to 32.5“, adjust my prep higher, and somehow during all of this my release wiggled loose. I’m back zeroed in at 20yds, but I don’t have anything else tuned. so do I paper tune it next, broadhead tune, bare shaft, nock tune?What’s the best/most efficient order to follow? How much do you need?

Last edited:
OP
Y
I started off bare shaft paper tuning at 9 feet. Got a good bullet hole and then shot bare and fletched at 11 yards. 11 yards just because that is what I can shoot inside barn. Shooting into a newer foam target to make sure arrow was staying straight into target. Then out to 20, 30 and 40. Very slight movements and only shoot with no wind. Keep good form. little sloppy form at 40 yards with a bare shaft and it will be in the rhubarb.