Bareshaft tuning with Deadlock

Recluse

FNG
For those of you with Bowtechs, do you use it for BH/BS tuning ? I have previously had good luck just moving my rest on other bows.

Not sure what the general consensus is for horizontal tuning with Deadlock technology. I DID use it for paper tuning this morning.

Thank you

sndmn11

WKR
100%

Search past posts of mine on a how to, I'm out and about otherwise I'd find them myself.

Basically, start at center of cam adjustment both top and bottom, make witness mark. Move the top cam toward fletched arrows from bare shaft impact. Move top cam only in half turns to start, move bottom cam opposite of top.

Your vertical should be with bare stacked in top out to 40-60 yards, this should be corrected with or before horizontal.

TheACGuy

FNG
I’m not an expert by any means, but I am pretty sure you’re supposed to move the top and bottom cams in the same direction equally. I have a Bowtech Revolt X, here’s a screenshot from the manual.

Attachments

• F1797479-6DD9-4FB6-ACF2-60A16E812605.png
    F1797479-6DD9-4FB6-ACF2-60A16E812605.png
    543.5 KB · Views: 31

sndmn11

WKR
I’m not an expert by any means, but I am pretty sure you’re supposed to move the top and bottom cams in the same direction equally. I have a Bowtech Revolt X, here’s a screenshot from the manual.

If you want to adjust centershot you would move them the same, if you want to adjust lean they need to go opposite.

Reactions: Zac

wapitibob

WKR
Bowtech will tell you how far out the factory setting is for your model. Reckoning is 1 turn out. I’m always +- 1 wrench flat from there. Rest is 13/16 and hasn’t moved since i put it on.

This is correct, move them together in the direction of the tear

jmez

WKR
/
\
You need to move them opposite. That is your top and bottom cam position with left nock travel. End result needs to be
l
l
That is zero nock travel. They have to move opposite to achieve that. You move them both the same one will straighten the other will increase lean

Sent from my moto g power 5G - 2023 using Tapatalk

This is a widely misunderstood topic, however I stick by my answer.
Move the cams towards the nock tear, thus leaning the cam in a direction so that the string moves oppositely of the tear.

mod-it

Lil-Rokslider
I have always moved them both the same, on my Revolt-X and Solution. But I find jmez's info to be interesting and will now have to play with that. I have always been successful tuning by moving them both the same though.

I set centershot by measuring to center of arrow from front and back of the riser. Revolt-X comes out at 3/4", Solution comes out to 11/16".
Cams are set to "factory center", which on my bows is set by moving cams as far right as they'll go, then bring them back left two full turns of the adjustment screw.
Then I shoot bare and fletched. I adjust rest height to get vertical correct first.
Then I adjust horizontal. I move both cams in the same direction. Bare left of fletched, cams move right. Bare right of fletched, cams move left.
Then I verify with fixed BH's. So far, I have never had fixed not hit in the same spot if I already had bare and fletched hitting together to 30 yards...aside from one time when I found out that cam timing was off.
Both bows have always tuned within about a 1/4 to 1/2 turn of deadlock adjustment.

sndmn11

WKR
The fun part of Deadlock is that whether any of us agree on moving them the same or having one adjusted more than the other, etc., is you can try a few different ways and only have 30sec of wrench turning invested in each experiment.

I came to my conclusion of learning that it can be used for lean and centershot by fiddling and shooting bare shafts past 60yds.