Barnes 175 Lrx

Olyhunter

FNG
Well fellas, a box of beginners reloading supplies from Midway showed up yesterday! šŸ˜. I have a great reloading mentor and am looking forward to finding some good hunting loads for my rifles. First up is my 30-.06, Iā€™d like to try the Barnes 175 grain Lrx. Theres not a lot of load data for the bullet out there. Has any one out there had any success out there with any particular Primer, Powder combos, I will be reloading once fired Barnes brass. Once I get rolling on it I will share the journey, ā€œfinding a good grouping hunting loadā€. Thanks in advance!

Olythom

FNG
Hey R. I have a bunch of H4350 you can try. If i was experimenting, Iā€™d try some RL17 and play around with the recipe that Barnes recommends.
Itā€™s good to bump into you here.
>T

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
For starters make sure you have the twist rate to stabalize that bullet. My 30-06 on the shelf I was running 168TTSX with IMR4350 which worked nicely, the above H4530 would be better. Just make sure you have the twist rate as the LRX is a bit longer profile.

OP
Olyhunter

Olyhunter

FNG
Good to see you here Thom, thanks for the Barnes chart šŸ‘, will be helpful. Pods8, thanks also, my barrels a 1:10 twist, weā€™ll see soon how theyā€™ll shoot!! šŸ˜€

TauPhi111

WKR
I reload a lot of Barnes and I've found their data on their website to be great and pretty spot on as far as velocity is concerned. I'd just go with their recommended load.

LongGunDB

FNG
Itā€™s all going to depend on what your rifle will like. Barrel length, twist rate etc. Barnesā€™ test rifle had a 24ā€ bartlein barrel with a 1:10 twist, Winchester case and federal 210 primers. They had better luck with imr 4064 seated at 3.300ā€. My rifle has a 23.5ā€ bartlein barrel and loves about 54 grains of H4350 for a 175-180gr bullet. My vote would be to start somewhere around there. * (Always start with minimum load and work up)

JakeSCH

WKR
I loaded my dad's tikka t3x stainless with lapua brass, 210M's and StaBall 6.5. Has an accuracy node at 2730 shooting about 0.4" groups at 100.