Barnes Ammo 300 Win: 150 ttsx or 190lrx?

Most literature suggests mono bullets have better terminal performance at or above 2000fps. Wondering if anyone has considered whether the 190lrx is worth the extra cost and recoil over the 150ttsx.
The 150ttsx is listed at 3285fps at muzzle and 2196fps at 500yds and for the 190lrx 2880fps at muzzle and 2200fps at 500yds. It seems from the "velocity first " perspective for monos, if they print with similar accuracy, staying with the 150s would be an equal or better choice on elk... energy at 500 goes to the 190 at 1726ft lbs vs 1607 ft lbs for 150s... Makes me wonder why Barnes made the lrx in a heavier than typical load for the 300 win.. Im done elk hunting for the year, thus the hairsplitting thinking....(150s killed a big bull for me this year but wondering if I could kill em deader next year :)

HiMtnHntr

WKR
Why not look at a 165 ot 180? I've used both in my 300 wsm, with 180 tsx being my favorite bullet for elk when using mono.

Tmac

WKR
...Makes me wonder why Barnes made the lrx in a heavier than typical load for the 300 win.. Im done elk hunting for the year, thus the hairsplitting thinking....(150s killed a big bull for me this year but wondering if I could kill em deader next year :)
To get a higher BC in a given caliber, you usually end up with a heavier bullet, ie. a spear vs ball. Advantages for a higher BC are not much until you get out there 500+ imo. Drop is simple math, wind calls are where art meets science, the less wind drift of a higher BC bullet is an advantage way out there. The marketing department says the LRX, their long range x bullet, will open at a lower velocity than other x’s, my experience suggests this is true so far (small sample). Dead is dead...

It is matter of preference, as I think both would do the job. Personally, I would go with the 190 lrx for a few reasons. First, by not having extremely high velocity, meat damage should be less. Secondly, the 190 will reach quite a bit farther before it slows to a failing velocity. And third, just my theory . . . a 190 gr projectile should push the permanent wound cavity farther into the animal's boiler room.