Barnes ttsx on Colorado cow

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
glad I found her too. Tastes great!
My girls have been raised on elk chili since they were really young. Every time my two oldest come home from college, chili is right at the top of the list for their food requests and elk meatloaf is always second. They'll be coming home next week, Lord willing, and this time they'll be trying moose chili.........which has been indistinguishable from elk chili. Good stuff. (y)

jt4

WKR
Awesome you found it. I'm a big fan of the TTSX. Found a 165gr load my 30-06 likes and it's taken down (4) decent bulls on (4) hunts and blew a buck of it's feet when my daughter was behind the scope! The exit hole on this bull was about 1". Maybe a little more...but I shot it at ten yards. He bolted 45 yards and tipped over...just like the others.

Left side the exit hole?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome you found it. I'm a big fan of the TTSX. Found a 165gr load my 30-06 likes and it's taken down (4) decent bulls on (4) hunts and blew a buck of it's feet when my daughter was behind the scope! The exit hole on this bull was about 1". Maybe a little more...but I shot it at ten yards. He bolted 45 yards and tipped over...just like the others.
Nice bull!

Do you know how/if the 165 TTSX is different than the 168? I've been told the 168 is the same bullet as their LRX but I have no idea whether that's true.

My girls have been raised on elk chili since they were really young. Every time my two oldest come home from college, chili is right at the top of the list for their food requests and elk meatloaf is always second. They'll be coming home next week, Lord willing, and this time they'll be trying moose chili.........which has been indistinguishable from elk chili. Good stuff. (y)
My kids have been raised on venison (whitetail, mostly). One year, we ran out and had to use beef. My youngest told my wife "there's something wrong with this..." LOL That's when we realized she hadn't eaten enough beef growing up to recognize it. Good problem to have IMO. I like knowing where the meat came from that I fed to my kids growing up.