Barnes TTSX tip separated?

dingle

Lil-Rokslider
Just got a few boxes of Barnes VOR-TX factory ammunition. 130 gr TTSX in .270 Win. Most of the batch has a visible amount of daylight between the edges of the blue tip and the copper. See attached. New to me as I never saw this in another few boxes of .30-06 from a few years back.

The detachment must have an effect on the aerodynamics of the bullet, but I somehow doubt it would be noticeable within the effective range of a .270 - or am I wrong? Do I have an iffy batch of ammo?

IMG_2743.jpg

ljalberta

WKR
I’ve been using the TTSX and LRX for a good number of years now. I noticed this year that there were more offset or poorly aligned tips than I have ever encountered before. I may just have recieved a couple poor batches, but for the most part I did not notice any POI change, albeit I only tested them to 450 yards.

I should note that I have a couple LRX rounds that have almost comically misaligned tips. I did not try shooting those yet.

WCB

WKR
You will never notice it. Infact you can rip the tips off and out to any reasonable distance not notice. I have also shot severly deformed tipped bullets (front half or the ploymer tip bent 45 degrees or so) stacked righg in with the rest at 300yds with a .223.