Barneys new Mountain Elite Pack

AlaskaEd

WKR
Anyone have one yet? I just ordered one with their 10% off sale. Several guys I know have the older style FGoA packs and love them. This new one has a redesigned bag and weighs 6.5 lbs for frame and bag. It'll be replacing my Mystery Ranch Crewcab for hunting duty.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Anyone have one yet? I just ordered one with their 10% off sale. Several guys I know have the older style FGoA packs and love them. This new one has a redesigned bag and weighs 6.5 lbs for frame and bag. It'll be replacing my Mystery Ranch Crewcab for hunting duty.

Interesting....hard to beat Barney's for a hauler....post pics when you get it and let us know what ya think.

I went from a Barney's to a Mystery Ranch and back to a Barney's...no regrets on ditching MR even though MR is a good pack I just feel Barney's did what I needed with more comfort.

OP
A

AlaskaEd

WKR
Got it yesterday and fitted it last night. Much lighter than the older version and well designed and built. I was very impressed with how it felt with my kid sitting on it. I put a 40lb bag of wood pellets in it and wore it today at the gym and office. Probably 6 hours total. Pretty damn happy so far. I'll see how it does when I can get into the hills after this snow/ice melts off.

Got it yesterday and fitted it last night. Much lighter than the older version and well designed and built. I was very impressed with how it felt with my kid sitting on it. I put a 40lb bag of wood pellets in it and wore it today at the gym and office. Probably 6 hours total. Pretty damn happy so far. I'll see how it does when I can get into the hills after this snow/ice melts off.
You got any pictures that you could post?

I purchased this pack last year as my first pack, so I can't tell you if it is better than any other packs out their.

I used it for a caribou hunt last year and I was able to haul both hind quarters of a mature bull caribou in a single trip.
f02dd16de55e3a160d3007ce96268f33.jpg

081fb2eb077b3b7bc2efd2b2a34f436d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900M using Tapatalk

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Their website is a little outdated for sure. I put hands on it awhile back, it has close to the same fabric, just thinner material.

Edit: beat me to it Dan :)

Barney's has pictures of it in the field on their Facebook page

Sent from my SM-G900M using Tapatalk