Barney's Packs vs. Kifaru Duplex Frame System

Easton

FNG
I have the Barney's Yukon (hybrid between the Hunter and Pinnacle packs) and it is bomber! The best load hauling external frame pack, period. I have had a whole camp (everything!) plus non-boned meat, cape and horns inside and my rifle strapped to the outside. It is nice not having to make two or more trips back to the runway at the end of the hunt. Extremely durable also, I dropped it off of a 15 ft ledge and watched it roll another 20ft with a ram and my Spotter inside (picked the wrong descent point). Everything inside, perfectly fine. Like Billy said, the pack is simple/stupid. Very easy to use and functional.

That being said though, I do want to try a DT2. Never used an internal frame pack and would like to see the difference plus my old man needs a pack for our sheep hunt in August. I think a DT2 would be a better fit for him. I will be carrying all the weight more than likely! Going to try and not kill him this year by pushing him to hard. The DT2 is lighter than the Barney's but I am a firm believer that if you train harder than the hunt will hopefully be it won't matter.

Hi Everyone -
For you who don't know me I am ,Bob Hodson , the owner of Barneys and designer of The"Barneys" packs.I was introduced to this great forum a few day ago.
By listening to you and by taking information from this forum You can help me continue to produce innovative outdoor gear that is suited for hard core use.
In regards to my packs - I always like to hear input into how they can be improved upon ... a forum subject to follow.
I really like what I see so far - creative discussions that are fair and honest.
In regards to packs - All is I can say is some guys like beer and some like whiskey !
Bob

Actually Bob, I like both, beer and whiskey.

hflier

WKR
Hi Everyone -
For you who don't know me I am ,Bob Hodson , the owner of Barneys and designer of The"Barneys" packs.I was introduced to this great forum a few day ago.
By listening to you and by taking information from this forum You can help me continue to produce innovative outdoor gear that is suited for hard core use.
In regards to my packs - I always like to hear input into how they can be improved upon ... a forum subject to follow.
I really like what I see so far - creative discussions that are fair and honest.
In regards to packs - All is I can say is some guys like beer and some like whiskey !
Bob

Hi Bob:

Whats up with your website? Is it crashed or am I just techincally lame?

HFlier

i have both packs. IMO, the Barney packs put entirely too much padding in the belts and the seam runs horizontal so it folds in half with heavy weight. Sounds strange huh...the fluffy padded belt prevents the belt from wrapping around your hips while not slipping. If you take any high end pack (Hunting or otherwise) you will not see a belt full of padding - preventing it from wrapping the hips.

Kifaru, Osprey and Mcahle packs (to name a few) understand this best. If Barney's would fix the cheap belt....it would be undeniable. I actually going to sell my Bob pack frame and bag....probably around $300. I just can not talk myself into it...i want to replace the belt as the other option. jm