Barrel cooling fan

Weldor

WKR
I have seen guys at the range use a length of vinyl tube inserted in the chamber other end in a cooler full of ice. The gentleman told me the heat from the barrel draws the cold air up to and into the barrel. Learned it shooting prairie dogs.

OP
F

fishslap

WKR
Got The Original Barrel Cooler. Used it on my 7mm rem mag Sunday in eastern Colorado. Seemed to make a difference. Took up very little space in my spotting scope/range bag.

I’ve had a couple like the magneto speed one and a couple others. The chamber chiller that you can recharge with a usb cord has been the best.

MattB

WKR
Just one more thing to haul to the range. I just take a few minutes and let it cool down. Can’t imagine spending money or effort for that issue.
How often does it get to 101 where you live?

Can't imagine spending the time or effort to reply to this thread if it doesn't.

OP
F

fishslap

WKR
Ended up buying a cheapie amazon "BBQ Fan" and using tape and some tubing to adapt it to the chamber. Cant imagine it works any worse than the dedicated coolers and it was about 10 bucks.
Sounds like a good solution. The original chamber cooler also comes with an empty cartridge of your choosing that connects to the tubing. It was nice to get a quick direct air flow after the shot while I checked the spotter. Lots of self built or off the shelf solutions that would work.

Unckebob

WKR
A few weeks ago, I built one like F Class John demonstrated on YouTube. It moves a decent amount of air and is very portable.